Thread: Unable to restore Lumia 920, error 0x0

Unable to restore Lumia 920, error 0x0

I am looking for some urgent help. I bought this phone about 4 months ago. It worked great for the first month but then started giving me several problems such freezing, slow down camera app crashing, etc etc. Hard resetting didn't helped at all. I took it to Nokia service center, after analyzing they said that there is an hardware problem and they will fix it for free as the phone was in warranty.

I received this phone after 3 weeks yesterday. As backed up thee entire device before sending it to service, now i am trying to restore the data back, using PC Suite but everytime it gives me an error message saying "0X0" as mentioned in title. So far i tried restoring more than 5 times but the same result. Now i am not in a mood sending it again to service center. Can you guys provide me some help which i can carry out here itself?

Re: Unable to restore Lumia 920, error 0x0

What are the files in your backup which you trying to restore? I mean if they are movies, music, pictures, documents, etc then you can also use the Windows File Explorer to transfer data to your phone. Just connect the device via USB Cable and move.

By the way which software are you trying to restore? Is it Zune or Windows Phone app?

Quote Originally Posted by Paramahamsa View Post
    By the way which software are you trying to restore? Is it Zune or Windows Phone app?
    I appreciate your help buddy, I already know I can use the Windows Explorer for transferring files, but that is not all I want to restore. I have all my contacts, messages, settings, bookmarks, etc as well in the backup. I already moved the multimedia files but that’s not all I want to do. Somebody please let me know how can I restore contacts and all as well. Ohh by the way it is latest Zune version. I guess that is the right application?

Quote Originally Posted by DIMINUTIVE! View Post
    I took it to Nokia service center, after analyzing they said that there is an hardware problem and they will fix it for free as the phone was in warranty.
    Did you got to know what hardware was exactly the problem? The service center guy might have told you.

If it was phone’s motherboard and if they have changed the same, then unfortunately you will not be able to restore the previous backup on your phone. The functionality is like PC Backups. You can restore a particular backup on particular PC (hardware) itself. So, I wish you have saved your contacts vcf or csv files somewhere else because the backup is not going to be restore back in any way.

I agree with you Maq, but that’s not completely correct. Sometimes, the restore works even if the phone’s hardware is changed. Yes, I have been through this and it has worked for me with different motherboard but same model. In such cases what you need to take care of is make sure that you have enter the same email address, same first and last name, etc in the phone at current like it was during taking up the backup. Even if you have revered the first and last name, restore will not work. I have a pretty good experience with this

Hope it helps.

Thank you and I appreciate you both guys suggestions and helps. I will surely consider both of your suggestions later. As of now I have sent a mail to Microsoft and Nokia regarding this problem, lets see what I get from there.