Thread: Samsung Galaxy S4 WiFi Problem

Samsung Galaxy S4 WiFi Problem

I have been using this phone since one month now. There is no problem in the phone's performance but i have a very annoying issue while using it on WiFi. As i dont have much idea about networking and all, so far i have been unsuccessful to fix it. Actually when the phone is connected on WiFi, there are certain websites which i cannot open. But the same site open as soon as i turn on my Mobile Data (Tata Docomo). Which means the problem is not with the website but with my phone itself. Do anyone of you have noticed any such thing?

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 WiFi Problem

Who told you that this is Phone's problem? How many wifi connections did you tried?

I mean, you experienced the problem with only one network or tried other wifi connections as well?

Nobody told me, i am telling it is a WiFi problem because as soon as i switch to my Mobile Data, those websites work but not on WiFi.

Also i have only access to my own WiFi network. We have a Router at home.

Then I am sure you are not the admin of your WiFi router. I mean it is managed by somebody else from your family, right?

Dude, hope you know there use to be some kind of blocking stuffs in PCs or in Routers, where you can block certain sites. Whoever accessing that network will not be able to open that particular, just like happening with you. Hence when you switch to Mobile data, those restrictions are removed and your pages load fine.

By the way what is that website which your family members want you to prevent

Quote Originally Posted by The-Farmer View Post
    Nobody told me, i am telling it is a WiFi problem because as soon as i switch to my Mobile Data, those websites work but not on WiFi.
    It is your Router’s Firewall or restrictions. Check the router settings.

You can confirm this by connecting S4 to any other WiFi network. There wont be any such problem.

I just came to know how silly I am  You guys were right. I was at my friends home and sites were working fine on wifi but again when I came back to my home network, they were blocked. Anyways, i found the problem and will fix it my home. I appreciate your helps though.