Thread: Micromax Canvas 4 rooting help

Micromax Canvas 4 rooting help

I dont know if it is possible so early as the phone is new (launched recently) but i am looking for rooting help as mentioned in the title above. I dont have any problem with the phones performance or anything, but i want to install apps like ROM Manager, Titanium Backup, etc which requires super users access which means i need a rooted phone. There are several more such important software which is not accessible for me because of unrooted phone. Hence i want to know if there is any way we can root Canvas 4 safely and successfully. Thanks for all your help.

Re: Micromax Canvas 4 rooting help

Yes, few guys have already rooted their Canvas 4 successfully. I can let you know the process but let me first tell you that Rooting will kill your warranty and also if any mistake made during the rooting process, it may even dead your phone. If you agree then move ahead.

Rooting Canvas 4:
    • First of all download the Rooting Package from here and save it on your computer.
    • Unzip the package in a new folder on desktop
    • Connect your phone to computer via cable.
    • Double click the file named 'runme.bat' from the unzipped folder.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions properly.
    • Finally your phone should reboot and you will find SuperUser icon in your apps drawer.

Nice sharing Santy, thanks a lot even i was looking for the same. And that worked like a charm.

Can you tell me if there is any Custom ROM available for Canvas 4? I mean, as you know Android 4.3 is already released, is there any 4.3 ROM for this model? Or some other MODs which can provide Samsung type features?

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Eseld View Post
    Can you tell me if there is any Custom ROM available for Canvas 4? I mean, as you know Android 4.3 is already released, is there any 4.3 ROM for this model? Or some other MODs which can provide Samsung type features?
    If you really wanna do this, better give away your Canvas 4 to somebody else like your brother/sisters. Because you just don’t deserve this phone. Dude, did you really used the phone? Still you want to change its stock ROM?

There are so many new features, performance is awesome, why you want to mess that all. Canvas 4 is at its best out of the box. By doing anything you just cannot make it more better. There is nothing.

That’s exactly correct Prajapati. Messing up with Canvas 4 Stock ROM is just a waste. This is completely unique and Micromax’s best software so far with complete optimizations. They have provided you multiple windows, pop up player, smart stay where video stops playing when you take off your eyes, and many more features from Samsung Galaxy series. What else you want? Just don’t destroy the phone by installing Custom ROM in it.

Infact you should know that they have copied and created Canvas4 Custom ROM for other Canvas 4 which provides some of these features to Canvas 2 etc.