Thread: Will SSD boost up battery life of a netbook

Will SSD boost up battery life of a netbook

I am having doubt before buying a laptop from Dell. While customizing I can see a option to add a SSD or not. But that increases the cost to higher rate. What I am looking for is a good battery performance here. And I had seen that SSD's are faster and reliable hard drive. Just want to ask whether SSD's are capable of having some effect on laptop battery. Is it worth to go for over the regular model.

Re: Will SSD boost up battery life of a netbook

SSD's are reliable in terms of performance. They give you proper data transfer speed. They are fast and boost the system performance. While for battery I think it is not really going to put any impact. It would be same as it was in regular hard drive.

SSD's can add great benefit to your laptop. It can give you fast data speed, good multimedia output and boost application performance. At the same time it also increase the battery performance. As it is not having any moving parts, it operate on low power. That makes it very effective and reasonable. I had seen laptop operating on SSD are working for longer time compared to laptop operating on regular hard drive. There is a increase. Not great but reasonable. You can gain a few more hours. Regular hard drive works on rpm. They have a motor inside which rotate at fast speed when used. At that point the power consumption also rises. There are other more factors available that puts impact on your laptop battery. Like video chatting, gaming, etc. You can follow some quick tips to boost the performance. But right now going for a SSD upgrade is a great solution for getting a more reliable and reasonable system.

Overall in terms of performance SSDs are superior to regular internal hard drive. They are capable of giving out great output and also low on power usage. It is essential that you must choose it wisely. Or else you will need to pay really high amount.

I have a laptop with dual hard drive.There is a SSD which holds my OS and other one is regular 500GB hard drive that has my data. I had not really seen any changes in the battery usage. That might be due to two hard drive. But in terms of performance my system works really great. Because of SSD the boot time is great. It works really well and has no performance issue. My core work is to edit videos. I am having a set of different videos that I pull in Adobe Premiere Pro. Now if you choose the secondary hard drive to save files, it will take time. And if I save the same in the SSD it really works fines. It has not issue with the output. Drive with high rpm can beat ssd, but on the same hand they consume enough power to operate.