Thread: Inexpensive SSD upgrade for Lenovo Laptop

Inexpensive SSD upgrade for Lenovo Laptop

Where can I find some budget SSD drives for my laptop. I am having a Lenovo laptop who's drive has failed. I do not want to go for the regular drive upgrade. This time I am planing to add a SSD on that. Which would be better for performance and data back also. I am having two drive bays in my laptop. I add multiple easily. Which SSD would be best here. I do not want any costly model.

Re: Inexpensive SSD upgrade for Lenovo Laptop

SSD's are costly. A regular laptop hard drive is available at a price range of Rs.3,000 to Rs.5,000. Where you can get upto 500GB instantly. While if you go for a SSD then you will need to pay more than Rs.8,000.

There are some cheaper models available. But they will not give you much space. Like you can buy a 500GB WD hard drive for Rs.3400 on the same hand if you go for SSD then you will need to pay Rs.6,500 for 120GB. There is a big difference between storage and output. SSD are more reliable and costly also. So you can do one thing. You can buy a basic 32GB or lower SSD for your operating system only. And you can simply buy a regular 500GB internal hard drive from WD. Buy adding both you can get composite performance. The SSD will be used for software and application which will boost the performance and make it more better in terms of output. While the regular internal hard drive will be used for data backup and storage. That is one of the best and cost effective way to use your investment. You can find a low range SSD on the web which you can use like a primary hard drive in your system.

You can go for Kingston SSDNow 64GB SSD for Rs.3000. This is the cheapest model available. 64GB space here is enough for the operating system and other set of applications while you can add a secondary hard drive also.

It is not possible to find a cheap SSD above 60GB under Rs.5,000. While it is possible to find upto 1TB of regular hard drive at that price range. SSD's can be kept a vital solution only for those who are serious about data backup. They are reliable and cool enough to give you better data performance. SSD's are not easily available also. I would recommend you to buy two 500GB or 1TB hard drive for your system and extend your storage. Keep multiple copies of your data. If you are still looking for SSD then there is a single model Samsung 840 series which comes for Rs.6500 and offers you 120GB space. This one is the only best and cheap model available in terms of internal ssd.