Thread: Windows fails to detect my china phone as mass storage

Windows fails to detect my china phone as mass storage

My windows laptop is not able to detect my china phone. Most of the device comes with a remove storage feature. That means when you connect them they are detected as usb device and in that you can copy paste the data. That is more easy to manage. But somehow it looks that my pc is not working at all with the phone. When I connect it, sometime it gives me error unrecognized usb connection and sometime it is not detected at all.

Re: Windows fails to detect my china phone as mass storage

Update usb drivers in your system. Which will be more better in fixing the issue. You can find updated usb drivers from Google. Install them and test out. I think this will be more better in fixing the issue. Updating your chipset drivers is also better.

This is one of the biggest flaw of china phone. You cannot rely on the drivers here. This phone brands are not having any proper manufacturer from where you can locate the drivers, it is really complicated to use them. Can you mention the detail model and information about the device. Ample of china phone I had seen comes with a cd that has driver included in it. You just need to run the driver disc setup and that's all. The device is detected where you can use it as a removable storage and as phone modem also. But in ample of devices you will not get any kind of updates. I am giving you a link of all threads which are available on this forums for china phones. You can click the link and checkout articles which can add more light on your issue. For your issue I can only recommend you is to change the cable and test back. That might be the cause. While you can still use the memory card on a card reader to transfer files.

China Phone Threads

Usually they are kind of plug and play device. When you connect the same they are detected a removable storage through which you can transfer the data. Just go in the settings and checkout the storage options.

There is nothing in the settings. I am also having the same kind of china phone.The brand is just alien. I am having the same issue where I am not getting mass storage icon in My Computer. While the card is working fine inside the phone. It is also possible to transfer files via Bluetooth. But through usb cable it is just not working. I tried to find the drivers, but there is nothing available. I had gone with usb driver updates also. In Device Manager what I can see is a unknown device with exclamation mark on it. I right clicked on that and clicked on update driver also. But that also failed to work. It is not going well. I tried many stuff somehow it is very complicated to get right fix for the same. The device is just stucked on unknown device which simply means it is not having any driver. I showed the device to a nearby mobile shop who told the issue lies with micro usb connector. He somehow replaced and thing went back to normal. It is working fine. So this was my issue.

I am having a another model which is quiet similar to a android device. In the settings there is a option available to enable mass storage. When I tap on that it works fine. The device is detected.

Most probably the device is damaged due to which it is not getting listed. Any plug and play device is simply visible in Device Manager. But if the device itself is having some kind of issue then you cannot do anything. The most you can do is change the cable, memory card and mess with the settings. That's all. But if all those stuff does not work then what you can do. Try to change the cable and test back. Microusb cables are widely available in the market. Most of the china os comes with minimum features only. So there is nothing you can do. If it works its your luck or else you will need to use it as its.

I wasted some money on china phone recently. Instead of that it is recommended that you must go for android devices. There are ample of cheap android phone available which are rich in features and are easy to use also.