Thread: Samsung Galaxy S4 camera features or apps for Note 2 available

Samsung Galaxy S4 camera features or apps for Note 2 available

Hi, I was wondering if Samsung Galaxy S4 camera features can be ported on Note 2 or atleast some kind of similar apps are available for download? I own a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 from last 3 months and dont want to purchase Galaxy S4 just for its unique camera features. But, I agree that the double camera shot and sound shot in the camera function of Galaxy S4 is pretty awesome. Does anyone know from where I can get these features in my Note 2? Thanks

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 camera features or apps for Note 2 available

There is video on youtube who had installed Samsung Galaxy S4 Camera on Galaxy S3. He has mentioned that your device needs to be rooted to get the galaxy s4 camera app to work on Galaxy S3, dont know if it works on Note 2 or not, though. Also, after reading many comments in the same video, many people have already bricked their devices, so if you want to install it, then do it with caution.

I think that the Camera app features of Galaxy S4 will come in Note 2 with the Android 4.2.2 update. So, you will have to wait till Samsung starts rolling the new firmware to the Galaxy Note 2 users. I even heard that with this update, you will also get Air Gestures and Smart Scroll along with the camera feature. If it doesnt, then buy yourself a new Galaxy S4 in the end.

I would like to recommend you to not go with the ported version of the camera app even if it is available. Most of the ported version of the firmware either corrupt the inbuilt features in your phone and you will get a broken camera which will not work again. If you still like to go ahead, then first create a backup of your ROM and then try to install the ported version of the fimware.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"