Thread: Lumia 620 wont boot after failed update process

Lumia 620 wont boot after failed update process

I am having a Nokia Lumia 620 since its release. I never faced any problem with the phone so far until yesterday. Actually i never did any update on the phone since i bought it and whenever i use to connect it with PC Suite, i use to see a notification saying there is an update for the device. Hence i thought to finally install the update as surely i will get some new features or atleast performance improvement. I started the update process but during the same , phone got turned off and never booted again.

I dont know what went wrong. Now even if i try turning on the phone a sad face comes on the screen, thats it. Is the phone dead? How can this be fixed? Please help.

Re: Lumia 620 wont boot after failed update process

Did you tried hard resetting the phone? If not, do it because i guess something went wrong with the phone's firmware, hence it is not able to boot. In such cases Hard reset is the only one that fixes the problem. Here is how you can do the same:

1. Make sure the phone is completely switched off. That sad face should not be on the screen.
    2. Press and Hold key combination of volume down + power + camera buttons. These are the bottom 3 buttons on the right side of the phone.
    3. Keep holding the keys for about 15 seconds untill the phone vibrates or you see two settings icon on the display.
    4. On vibrate only release the power button and keep holding rest of the two keys for next 5 to 10 seconds and release.

Now wait for few minutes and let the process gets completed. Your phone will boot fine after this. Note that all your data will be wiped off completely in this process.

I had the same problem on my Lumia 520 couple of months ago. It was not booting up at all. Every time I press the power key it use to come up with a sad face and stays there until I remove the battery or the battery gets discharged. After lots of searches finally I found a solution which says first you need to hold the Volume down button and plug in the charger. Keep holding the volume key until an exclamation mark appears on the display. Now wait for about 15 to 20 seconds and press the following keys one by one: Volume Up, Volume Down, Power Key and Volume down. This will automatically start resetting the phone. You will see the same two trigger icons moving on your screen like mentioned in the post above. Atleast it worked for me. You can give it a try if the above suggestion wont works.

Thank you very much for your helps guys. I tried your (santy) way and it worked. Though I lost everything from my phone but atleast it booted and now working good.

Help appreciated.

Hey guys even I have the same problem with my Lumia 820. I tried your both suggestions but none of them is working. After exclamation mar when I release the button and press the combination of those buttons one by one, again I get the Sad Face on my screen. Also tried the volume down + power + camera buttons method as posted by santy but that doesn’t seems to be working either.

Any other solution please?

That’s the only two way of hard resetting the Lumia phones. If none of them are working for you than you have no other choice then to taking it to Nokia Service Center. If this is the software problem they will fix it for free subject to warranty or you will need to pay a small amount but atleast you will get your device in working condition back. Better visit the service center.