Thread: Can we change the Lock Screen wallpaper in Sony Xperia Z

Can we change the Lock Screen wallpaper in Sony Xperia Z

I recently bought a brand new Sony Xperia Z smartphone. It is one of the best smartphones i have used so far. There are several features and settings which i am still learning. I was just wondering if there is any way we can change the lock screen wallpaper on this device? Whenever i try setting wallpaper it wont give me any option for the lock screen, neither i get any such option from Settings > display.

I remember it was possible in HTC One X+ from the themes section but in Xperia Z there is no such option. I dont like the default lock screens provided hence want to change it with my personal wallpapers. Can anyone please tell me how do you guys do it?

Re: Can we change the Lock Screen wallpaper in Sony Xperia Z

Yes, of course you can change and set your own picture as lock screen wallpaper. It is right in the settings itself. Didn't you checked? Go to Settings > Desktop > Lock Screen. You will get two options here, Xperia Wallpapers and Album. Tap on Album and select any image you want. Isn't it as simple as that?

Also there is a good news for you. If you are in India you might have received the new Android 4.2 updated yesterday. After installing the firmware you will be able to even set a Widgets on your Lock Screen.