Thread: Using Sony Xperia Z in seawater

Using Sony Xperia Z in seawater

I am having a Xperia Z smartphone from a month now and have dropped it several times but as it was said , it is a waterproof handset. I love it. Now i have a question. Though so far i have dipped it in bucket water, rain and few times in swimming pool for seconds, i wanted to know if it is safe to take the mobile along in Sea Water?

Yes, thats correct. We are leaving for a picnic tomorrow and probably we will have fun in sea. So as the phone is new and had good amount of investment, i dont just want to mess up the things. Did anyone tried Xperia Z in Sea water? Is there any risk to the phone?

Re: Using Sony Xperia Z in seawater

I dont think that will be a good idea because there is huge difference between the Tap water and sea water. If cannot drink or use the sea water for our daily purpose, similarly i guess phone as well cannot survive the same. Probably the phone seals may get weaker of the salty water or some more problems may occur. However if you want you can use it in the swimming pool water because it contains chlorine which is not harmful for the phone neither its packaging.

Actually the device can be used under sea water as well. yes, i have used my phone several times while moving on the beaches and kept it in pocket while diving. There is no problem and no harm to the device unless and until you rinse the phone without fail every time after coming out of the sea with tap water. No matter you use it in sand, sea water, chocolate, etc, just rinse it properly with tap water and there will be no harm. Enjoy Xperia Z

Didn't you guys read the instructions provided officially at Sony Support page about water and dust resistance instructions? If not, check this:

Hope you learn where to use and where to not after reading the same