Thread: Scratch Resistance Comparison of Sony Xperia Z with other phone

Scratch Resistance Comparison of Sony Xperia Z with other phone

I was planning to buy a new smartphone for myself with better configuration. As it is now the rainy season in India the first device that came in my mind is the Sony Xperia Z because of its waterproof packaging. I am about to order this phone in a day or two but before that i have a small doubt. I checked the device's specifications (impressive) and found that there is no gorilla glass protection. As of now i am using HTC One X+ and never had a single scratch on the same in past one year though i use the phone so roughly and this is due to its gorilla corning glass.

Now my concern is if there is no gorilla glass protection on Xperia Z, then how is the scratch resistance? I read they say is waterproof and scratch resistance but the specification says 5-inch Full HD (1920×1080 pixels) Reality display with mobile Bravia Engine 2. How does it works?

Re: Scratch Resistance Comparison of Sony Xperia Z with other phone

Just Gorilla Glass is not the one only glass that provides the armor to smartphones. There is also one called "Dragontrail" and Xperia Z display is protected with the same. Dragontrail glass is manufactured by Asahi and offers better durability and thinness. Just like Gorilla glasses it is also a highly scratch resistance glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandal wood View Post
    There is also one called "Dragontrail" and Xperia Z display is protected with the same. Dragontrail glass is manufactured by Asahi and offers better durability and thinness. Just like Gorilla glasses it is also a highly scratch resistance glass.
    Thank you very much for info Sandal wood, I was just not aware of the same. Infact I heard this name for the first time. So I agree it is highly scratch resistance and of course the device itself is waterproof but how about if the device felt from a height? Is it break free as well like other smartphones who has Gorilla protection?

Dude, Asahi Dragontrail is much harder and durable compared to Gorilla glasses. There are few videos available on Youtube you can check showing up hammering on the glass that wont get a single scratch as well. Infact the glass can handle upto 60kg weight before breaking. So with Xperia Z, you don’t need to worry about scratch, breaking or even water damage. It is one of the best devices available today in durability with amazing configuration and performance.

Asahi Dragontrail is not new, it is well known glass used in several devices such as TVs, Tablets and even several smartphone. However it is yet not as popular as Gorilla glass but is the strongest competitor for the same and probably may take over the gorilla market in next few years.