Thread: Audio in HTC One stutters

Audio in HTC One stutters

I hope it is just not me. As my title says i am facing problems with Audio/Sound in my new HTC One handset. Whenever i enable the Beats equalizer the audio sometimes stutters and some times skips itself. As i dont any other HTC One phone in my group i am not able compare/test it with others. Also i tried searching for help on web regarding the same but dint found a single user who has reported the same. So can anyone of you tell me if you have faced this issue with your ONE (if any)? If not, how can i fix this?

Re: Audio in HTC One stutters

I am too a HTC One user but i dint noticed any such crackling or stuttering issues with the phone's audio. But i cannot ignore it as well, you might be surely facing such problems because it has been with many other smartphones/brands like i read one with Galaxy S4. There could be several reasons for the same and hence before you try any hardcore troubleshoot, you need to test and find out where is the actual problem.

• It could be your headphone, so try testing with few other headphones as well.
    • It could be the music player you are using. So download some another third party player from Google play and see if you still get the problem.
    • It could be your Software/firmware as well. Just to make sure try resetting the phone. Make sure you backup the phone entirely before resetting as it will delete everything from the device.
    • And the last, it could be hardware fault. You will need to take it to service center.

Thanks for replying Maq.h but now it seems like the problem is with hardware itself. As per your suggestions I checked connecting my other Samsung headphone, same result. Download different music players like Poweramp Pro, still the same result. Even tried resetting the phone to factory reset, but yet the sound stutters on Beats Audio.

So now according to you, it is the hardware problem, right? Should I return it to the HTC guys for repair? By the way, am I alone with this problem? Rest all other HTC One is working fine?

Yeah, maybe you require sending it to Service Center for repair. Unfortunately you will need to forget it for atleast 6 weeks. That is the time they take for a mobile phone to return.

But I am still concerned why does it happen only with Beats audio On.

I don’t think the problem is with hardware because I too have this problem with my One and most probably it occurs when I have my NFC and WiFi turned ON. The stuttering frequency becomes less when it turn off these two stuffs and gets even better when I turn off the display. So it could be software issues itself. I hope HTC is aware of this issue and they fix it with their next update.