Thread: HTC One screen has grey lines

HTC One screen has grey lines

This is a brand new HTC One but its scaring me. The device's performance is great but there is a problem. I keep getting a faint grey lines all over my display most of the time. Not always, but most of the time. I am using this phone since past 10 days but noticed this lines a couple of days earlier when i was using a notepad which makes the display complete white.

I tried searching solution for the same on HTC community but only found questions related to this. Any how it is a good news for me that i am not alone with the problem. But there was no solution. Do anyone of you guys have noticed any similar faint lines on your One? Any fix for the same?

Thank you.

Re: HTC One screen has grey lines

I too have a HTC One but i dint noticed any such thing on my device. However i can few backlight lines on a completely white screen like a browser speed dial page or a blank notepad file. If this is the case then there is nothing to worry. If this is not the one than it could be touch-sensor lines as well. Some hardly noticeable lines appears when you touch the display. If none of these is in your case then can you be in more detail what kind of faint lines are you getting on your screen?

Quote Originally Posted by rajmalhotra View Post
    However i can few backlight lines on a completely white screen like a browser speed dial page or a blank notepad file. If this is the case then there is nothing to worry. If this is not the one than it could be touch-sensor lines as well.
    Thanks for the reply buddy. Yes, i think you are correct. The lines appears when i use any completely white screen. So is it backlight lines and is it normal? Are you sure i dont need to worry? Or i will take it to service center for exchange.

Yes, it is normal and you don’t have to work out anything for the same. On Amoled display you keep getting such backlit lines. You will be surprised to hear that such lines even appear on Costliest computers like Mackbook pro which you buy for over Rupees 1 lakh.