Thread: Router resets by using wifi connection on HTC One

Router resets by using wifi connection on HTC One

I am facing a very strange problem with my HTC One. I am using a Netgear router sine long months and it serves connection to my desktop, a laptop, a samsung tab and galaxy S3. Never had any problem. Couple of days a go i bought a new HTC One and connected the same with my router's WiFi network. It connects fine but in every 20 to 30 minutes my Router gets reset automatically which results in no connection on all devices including my desktop. Damn. I am sure the problem is due to HTC One. Did anyone else noticed the issue with One? Any fix for this?

Re: Router resets by using wifi connection on HTC One

One of my friend also having HTC One and he also use it on his home router but never faced any such problem. To be frank, it sounds bit strange to me as well. How can a connected gadget can reset the phone By the way, what makes you so sure about the same that it is HTC One creating the issue (as you stated in your last line)?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniela007 View Post
    How can a connected gadget can reset the phone By the way, what makes you so sure about the same that it is HTC One creating the issue (as you stated in your last line)?
    Yeah, that is of course very strange hence i came here for help otherwise i would have solved it on my own

As far as being sure about the same is because i tried disconnecting HTC ONE from WiFi and noticed that my Router works fine for over 10 hours with out resetting once. But when i connected the mobile again to the network, router got reset again in next 30 minutes. As i said earlier this problem started since i connected the phone for the first time. So i guess this is the genuine reason for being sure about the problem, right?

So, any help now, please?

Hello Ackle, you are not alone with the said problem dude, count me in too. Even I am trying to figure this out since couple of days but yet no permanent fix. However I have a temporary fix. As my router was resetting itself every time when it was connected with One, I did some digging and found that if you disable the WISH and QOS from the router settings, then the problem you facing in every 30 minutes will increase upto 4 to 5 hours. Yes, it has helped me in such way.

As you don’t have any option right now, you can atleast give it a try. Let me know if you need any help regarding this.

Well, I don’t have HTC One but as far as I know about other smartphones and router issues, I think you should try out changing the security type. If you are using WPA, change it to WPA2 or vice versa. I am not sure whether this will work with HTC One, but have fixed similar issues with other handsets. Worth trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Deward View Post
    I think you should try out changing the security type. If you are using WPA, change it to WPA2 or vice versa.
    I agree with you Deward. Probably changing few settings in the router itself may fix the problem. I had this problem with HTC One X earlier and what helped me to get rid of the issues was setting the router on wireless G instead of wireless N.

I haven’t tested it on HTC One but I am sure it will work for this model as well. Try doing the same and let us know the result.

Thank you very much for all your helps guys. As of now I have tried following the fix suggested above by Shahaka, and it seems to be working as told by him. Now the reset frequency has gone upto 6 to 7 hours. I will test it for a day or two and then try changing the security type as well as setting it to wireless G. Hope any one of it helps.

By the way, help appreciated.