Thread: Get more brightness in Samsung Galaxy S4

Get more brightness in Samsung Galaxy S4

I recently bought a new Samsung Galaxy S4. Very happy with its new amazing features dual camera shot, eye sensing technology, etc but there is one huge problem for me. Until i am under roof i can use the phone comfortably but when i come in sunlight, i just can even see the display or its text properly. Brightness is too low for this device. I also a Galaxy S3 which is quite similar but atleast i am able to read the text on S3 somehow. S4's brightness seems to be even worse.

Did anyone else noticed the same? is there any tweak we can increase the display brightness in S4?

Re: Get more brightness in Samsung Galaxy S4

Yeah, even i noticed the same. If we make it to the maximum brightness, S4 seems to be just a bit brighter compared to Galaxy S3 but that is still not good as required. In office or home i have no problem with the provided Super Amoled display but its really pain when you are under sunlight or so. I read few articles and found most of the people facing this problem. Also there was an article which says iPhone has much brighter display compared to GS4. Hope Samsung fixes this in their next update.

Hope you guys have set the auto-brightness option that adjusts the Galaxy S4’s screen brightness according to your location. If yes and you are facing the problems with its brightness then better also try disabling the same from Settings > My device > Display > More settings. Actually where you aere in brighter environment S4 automatically dim the display slightly to save power. So try both options (Auto-Brightness turned ON and Off) and see if it makes any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by UTTIYA View Post
    So try both options (Auto-Brightness turned ON and Off) and see if it makes any difference.
    I appreciate your help buddy but i have already tried everything but still the brightness is not as expected. Any other suggestion please?

As far as i know Galaxy S3 display was at just 213 lux while Galaxy S4's Amoled display as 258 lux. So obviously it is brighter than Galaxy S3. Hence i wonder if you guys haven't faced any problem with S3 than what has went wrong now with S4?