Thread: Samsung Galaxy S4 Heating problem

Samsung Galaxy S4 Heating problem

Is it just me or all S4 users facing this problem? I am talking about over heating issues while charging or while using the phone? Most probably the phone gets heated in the earpiece are when i make call duration over 6 to 8 minutes.

The phone gets so much heated that i really get scared. I mean, it is on my ears and that same are is heating up. Is the problem with just my device or anyone else facing this problem? Is it normal?

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Heating problem

Yes, there is a bit heating issues with S4 but not such huge as you are saying. My S4 starts heating when i use the phone while charging. Is it the case with you? If yes, dont make phone calls or play games when the phone is plugged in with the charger. Let it get charged fully, then use the phone. Its obvious to get the device heat up at the earpiece area. If you cant miss your phone calls while charging than better use a Case/cover.

I dont know how your devices are heating up. Even i am having GS4 but dint faced such problems. Its true that smartphones use to get bit heated in earpieces or battery area but that is normal. It happens while charging but there are some safety measures that you need to carry out for making them work fine like always use proper charger for charging the smartphones, probably use the default what you get in the box with the device because it is made keeping the battery voltage of the device in mind. Secondly dont use the devices while it is on charge. It takes hardly 2 hours for S4 to get fully charged, right? Cant you leave your phone idle for 2 hours at night? Just do it, you will never face the heating problem.

Seems like i found some interesting info about this heating issues. I was reading articles on web regarding S4 heating problems and found one thing common at most places. They say Galaxy S4 heats more when you are using it on 4G (LTE) network. Just like a guy above said he is facing issues but not as much as mentioned by the OP, it is same with me as well and i think our S4 heats less because we are not using it on LTE. Mine runs only on 2G and WiFi, sometimes on 3G. So Calverta, seems like you have 4G network.

So does this means I have quit using 4G on Galaxy S4? If yes, than still its ridiculous. Anyways, I wish Samsung fixes this issue in their next few updates. Quitting 4G is of course not a solution for this heating problem.