Thread: How to overclock Samsung Galaxy S4

How to overclock Samsung Galaxy S4

The new version of Galaxy is released in international market. Loaded with Quad Core processor and high end hardware config, I just want to know that does it is possible to overclock it. I had seen some quad core devices in the market which can work really well on overclocking. It is having a Octa Core (1.6 GHz Quad + 1.2 GHz Quad) Processor that looks to be more promising in terms of performance. Is there any stable app available on Google Play through overclocking is possible without killing the device.

Re: How to overclock Samsung Galaxy S4

Which devices you saw worked under overclocking. I do not thin there is any high end smartphone available in the market which really supports overclocking. Mobile phone processors are not really meant for this. They offer you reasonable output in gaming and app usage. You can get more in multi-tasking I think.

Search on Google Play. There are ample of applications available for the same. Overclocking is considerably risky if the device has no support for it. The processor is also risky for pc, so how can you expect it to work well on mobile phones. I had seen one of the most common issue that many smartphone faces is overheating. When you play games or work with any applications the overheating issue is common here. You cannot do anything in that. And when you are here planning for overclocking then there are chances of getting a dead mobile device. Till yet there is no official announcement made on this. That means you cannot overclock it. But even if you try you can do the same on your own risk. I can provide you names of some application that can help you in this process. The first one is Tegrak Overclock. It is one of the best app available for overclocking purpose and it works on various devices. I had seen some users used the app on Galaxy Note and gained a few performance output. Overclocking might give you 10 to 20% of more power. That's all. It is not going to double the speed of your mobile phone and here what you want to do. The most you will do is play games. That works really well without overclocking also. But if still you are willing to take risk then download Tegrak and install it in your phone.

No you cannot overclock. It is not officially support. In simple terms no mobile phone in the market yet support overclocking. It is extremely risky. You can face permanent damage to your devices if you go with force settings. Try to avoid that.

Galaxy S4 is a great phone and I do not think it does not really needs overclocking. This device is powered by a Quad Core cpu and 2GB RAM. Why anyone wants to overclock it. Almost all HD games today will work really well on the phone device. There is no need to purposely boost the performance. It will be complicated for you if you go with the process and faced issue later on. As per certain benchmarking results on the web this device is awesome in terms of output. There is nothing much you have to do. Compare to other devices in the market, Galaxy S4 is the most powerful device. Even much better than HTC One. So overclocking is not so helpful hear. In pc we are having ample of things to protect our system from severe damage. Like the cpu shutdown itself when it is overheated. But in mobile phone the scene is different. If you try to push the overclocking process your phone might get dead forever. And there is no warranty for that. Till yet there are on videos or articles on the web that truly describe the overclocking output on S4.

I think it is possible. The phone is having a quad core cpu and surely by overclocking one can gain more than 30 to 40% of processing power. Which will be great in terms of gaming output. It does not really looks so complicated. I think one must try the same.

Galaxy S4 has given great benchmarking results. The phone in itself is a high end device giving out the best output in terms of gaming and multimedia performance. Relying on overclocking applications on Google Play can be not the only choice. Till yet there is also on powerful overclocking app available. I am having a Titanium S5 device which also has Quad Core cpu. I tested some overclocking app on it. This does not really worked so well. First thing to get better result you have to root your device. Whichever app I had seen only works fine if your phone is rooted. It does not work on locked devices. Some of them are Milestone Overclock, Android Overclock, Tegra Overclock, etc. Among all this Tegra Overclock has more potential in giving overclocking output. I am not really sure whether it will work with S4, but this app is designed to work with Nvidia Tegra processors. It allows you to lock the fps also and you can just manage the entire core power control through this app.

I do not think you must rely on this kind of application unless you get some kind of official support. That will be better. Because officially no manufacturer promises here that overclocking will work on his device. No matter what processor the device has.