Thread: Micromax A116 Canvas HD received Android 4.2 JellyBean update

Micromax A116 Canvas HD received Android 4.2 JellyBean update

There is a good news for Canvas HD Users. Micromax has rolled out a new firmware update for Micromax A116 Canvas HD smartphone. the 4.2 update brings several new features and enhancement in the device as well as fixes several stability issues. Only the problem is users cannot avail this update through OTA neither by connecting it to PC like we do with Samsung, Nokia or Sony products.

If you want to update your Canvas HD to Android 4.2 you will have to take it to Micromax Service Center and let them do the update for you. Also remember that Micromax has started rolling out the update just today itself and it may take few more days to reach your area. Even i am using the same model but haven't received any notification about the same but there is a guy who had posted the screen shots of his updated Canvas HD. Have a look:

If anyone here using Canvas HD and have updated to the new firmware, please post your screenshots.

Re: Micromax A116 Canvas HD received Android 4.2 JellyBean update

Wow...that sounds bit interesting. I mean i am having a Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Surprisingly Micromax devices started getting Android 4.2.2 Jellybean update which is yet not available for branded devices like Galaxy S3 or Note 2.

Dear Samsung, are you sleeping?

Quote Originally Posted by Skylar View Post
    Dear Samsung, are you sleeping?
    Dont worry dude, There was an announcement that few devices like Galaxy Note 2 will receive Android 4.2.2 Jellybean update in the first week of June. Well the 1st week is about to over but you can wait for more couple of days as the firmware used to be rolled out region by region and may take some while to reach your device. By the way you dont need to be jealous if Micromax or other such phones then you are wrong because when Note 2 will receive the update, it is going to be huge because it will get many new features which we have see in the latest Galaxy S4 smartphone.

Yeah, thats true Skylar. Dont compare Samsung with Micromax or any such brands. They are the best. Note 2 is about to receive a huge update after which you will never complain. As far as Galaxy S3 is concerned, SamMobiles has already released an Un-Official Android 4.2.2 JellyBean update for Galaxy S3. I dont know if it is for testing but its working great. Even GS3 will probably receive the 4.2 updated along with Note 2, i guess.