Thread: Micromax Funbook P300 unbrick procedures

Micromax Funbook P300 unbrick procedures

I am in need of urgent help from you all guys. I bought a Micromax Funbook P300 tablet for just about 3 months ago. It was all working fine just few games were showing up as incompatible. I was searching for solution to make those games compatible with my tab and found several guys said to install Custom ROMs based on Android 4.1. Well i have never did this before but download one Cyanogen Mod and tried rooting and installing the ROM. Followed the instructions properly as mentioned on those websites but seems like i made some mistake due to which the Tab is now just not booting up.

I showed up this to some mobile repairing shop and they that my Tab is bricked. I am not able to do anything with this device and if i am not wrong Service Center guys also will not accept it right? So can you guys please help me out with this? Is there anyway we can unbrick my Micromax Funbook?

Thanks for your helps.

Re: Micromax Funbook P300 unbrick procedures

There is a procedure for fixing the bricked funbook pro but again you will need to carry out the process properly or it may harm the already dead tablet more. Note that I will not be responsible for anything goes wrong, it will be you yourself. If you agree, here we go. First of all you will need to download two files, that is a Live Suite, and Recovery Image.

Once you ready with these files, extract the downloaded Live Suite and RUN it. You will get several pop ups, just click Yes on all. You will get one more Live Suite after clicking Yes to all, open up this new Live Suite, click Yes > Format > Next > Yes. Make sure you have not connect the Tablet with your computer on until now. When you click Yes last time you will see a browse button, where you need to select the download Image File.

Once selected the downloaded file dont just click on Finish, instead now connect your tablet with the computer using USB Cable. While connecting make sure you have pressed the Back Button. Dont release this back button unless your computer finished installing the drivers. Computer will actually give you error for drivers, hence you will need to manually provide the way of the drivers location. Wait for few minutes, let the drivers get installed. Once done, now without releasing Back key, press Power Key about 8 to 10 times.

After this you will get two Pop Ups on your computer where again you need to do the same thing, Press YES. Now release the back key, you will get one more pop up where you need to click Yes again and thats it. Your tablet is not unbricked.

Thank you very very much for the help Steinbach. That really worked for me. I am now able to use the tablet like before but there seems to be a problem. WiFi is just not turning on. Any idea what could be the problem? How can i fix it?

Please help.

Glad to hear that it worked and brought you tablet back. But seems like still some damages remain. Well that should not be surprising because when you fix any bricked device, we should accept such problems. But dont worry, here is the fix for the WiFi as well.

That is the stock ROM which has been damaged and in order to fix the same you will need to find out someone else's Stock ROM for that particular Tablet Model. Once you find, install it and it will start working like new device. OR alternatively you can simply try out some Custom ROMs. These Roms are much better than the stock one because you get several new features which we use to have in high end mobile phones. You can Google for the same but for bit more info about Custom Roms on Micromax tablet, check this article Micromax Funbook Pro Custom Rom Download