Thread: How can i Root Karbonn Titanium S5 mobile phone

How can i Root Karbonn Titanium S5 mobile phone

HI,

I recently bought a brand new Karbonn Titanium S5 smartphone. The device is very good and smooth in performance, infact i must say this is the best from Karbonn so far. Camera is good and even games play fine. But there is a small problem. There are few HD games and applications which are working fine on my Micromax Canvas HD but when i try to install the same on this phone, it says that the device is not supported. Damn.. how it could be possible? I mean the Titanium S4 is far better then Canvas HD i guess, right?

One of my friend told me that possibly the error is because those games and applications require rooted device. They are working fine on Canvas because it is rooted. So i wanted to know do i really need to Root my Titanium S5 for running those apps? If yes, please let me know how to Root the same?

Thank you.

Re: How can i Root Karbonn Titanium S5 mobile phone

There is an application called Framaroot which can be downloaded from here. This is an APK file just like other Android application. Download and move it on your Phone's SD card. Run and install the same on your phone. Launch it and choose an option named 'GANDALF Exploit.' Now wait for few seconds and restart the Phone. Thats it. You will superuser in your apps drawer which means your Karbonn S5 Titanium is now rooted.

Thank you very much for the help Candace. That was really very easy and simple. I mean rooting in just 3 seconds was amazing, i never heard before.

By the way do we have any Custom ROMs as well for this handset. Though the stock OS seems good but sometimes it freezes when i run heavy application or games. So in case i required, i can install one. Please let me know if there is any good custom rom for Karbonn S5. Thank you.

As the phone is just launched i dont think there would be any custom rom made so early specifically for this model. But if you want you can give a try to install the one compatible with its similar model like S1 Titanium or S2. But remember that your phone may get bricked if it is incompatible ROM. So try on your risk. Also if the reason for installing Custom is is just because it freezes some times (as you said), you should better reset it to factory settings once and the problem should go away.

That would be much better idea. If still you face the problem then better take it to its service center because as far as i read the reviews of S5 Titanium, everybody has given it 8 out of 10 rating. So it is a very good phone. There would be some problem with your phone itself.

Yep, that is correct. As the phone is new you should not play with its ROM or operating system. It will surely break the warranty but may also brick the phone as there is yet no Custom ROM released specifically for this model. If you are just bored with its same User Interface then better try out some launcher. These launchers use to change your phone's entire appearance.

The best i can suggest you is Go Launcher. It has several attractive widgets as well. There are many more you will find them by simply searching "Launcher" in Google Play.