Thread: Micromax A90 phone root

Micromax A90 phone root

I am using Micromax A90 since about a year and it is now out of warranty. As i am facing problems with several applications on this phone, one of my friend suggested me to Root the device. Actually there are many applications which works fine on my another Android phone but they give error while installing the same on A90. I am not downloading them from Google Play, i downloaded them from other websites and trying to install on this phone. Seems like those apps require rooted phone.

So as i dont have any disadvantage of rooting the phone because warranty is already over, i want to Root my Micromax A90. This is the first time i will be doing any such thing hence request you guys to please provide me the easiest method. Many thanks.

Re: Micromax A90 phone root

Rooting is a very critical process, hence you should be perfect while doing this. If you have any doubt, i will recommend not to try out the following process:

Before you start the rooting process, download this driver and save it on your desktop. Similar download and save this Flash Tool on your desktop. Also save this ROOT file on your desktop. Once done downloading all these three files, enabled USB debugging on your Mobile by going to Settings > Deveoper Options > USb Debugging. Connect the phone to your computer using USB cable and reboot the mobile.

Windows will search for required drivers. Point it to the driver you saved on your desktop and allow the installation. You can also do this by going to Device Manager. You will see option with Yello Exclamation mark. Right click > Update Driver and point it to desktop where the driver is saved. Once the drivers are installed, connect the phone in "media transfer mode".

Now Extra the download ROOT file and save it in a folder on desktop itself. Make sure your phone is still connected to computer via USB cable, click the ROOT.bat file from the extracted folder. During the process you phone may restart several times. Let it do everything on its own.

Once the process is completed, you have Rooted Micromax A90 phone. Enjoy

Hello Anand D,

Does these steps apply for all model of Micromax or just specifically for A90? Actually i too have a Micromax A100 and want to root the same. Hence.

Also do i need to download other rooting packge or Root File attached above will work?

Nope, you dont need to download any other ROOT package. The same will work on your Micromax A100 as well because both the devices are running on the same stock ROM. Also the steps provided above are same for both smartphones. Just make sure you dont make any mistake during the process or the device may get brick as Anand D said above.

Let me know if you want to know anything else about the same.