Thread: Micromax Funbook Pro Custom Rom Download

Micromax Funbook Pro Custom Rom Download

Hi, I have a Funbook Pro which is now out of warranty as I bought it a year ago. May be few weeks left (I don’t remember properly). Now the tablet has become terribly slow and getting annoying to access it. I tried formatting it several times, it works good for couple of weeks and then again gets slow. Also the default Android look is ugly. I have seen many people installing some Custom ROMs on their smartphones and Tablets which makes it faster and pretty good to see along with several new features.

So I was also thinking to do the same. Can anyone here please tell me if there is any such custom ROM available for my Micromax Funbook Pro? Please suggest me the one which can work good without creating any problem as I am already facing many problems with this tab. Also what will be the disadvantages of installing those custom ROM?

Re: Micromax Funbook Pro Custom Rom Download

Yes, there are several Custom ROMs available for Funbook Pro model as well. You should actually try out some Custom roms because I don’t think Micromax is ever going to release any upgrade for any of Micromax Tablets officially. Its obvious we get bored with the same look and feel using for a year. The ROMs I can suggest you are TechTab v1, jetmod 5.0 and AndriOS ROM. These all ROMs have been tested on Funbook Pro and are working fine.

There is no disadvantage of installing Custom ROM unless and until your warranty is expired. Only drawback of installing ROMs or rooting the device is they kill the warranty but as you said you are already out of warranty, than there is nothing to worry about the same. Just do a google with their names and you will get to know their features and how to install them.

Hello Mahanth,

I am too using Funbook Pro and have installed an Android 4.2 Jelly Bean based Custom ROM called as ‘LightningROM’. I’m using this from past two months and dint faced any problem so far. It is very light and good in performance. I think you should also give it a try. I can provide you the installation method but NOTE that you must be aware of doing these things. If you make any mistake your device may get brick. So make sure you understand the steps properly before you start going through. Here it is:

First of all you will need to download few things such as:
    • Download LightningROM: Dev-Host - LightningROMv2.2_BY_Devansh.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
    • Google Apps: Goo.im Downloads - Downloading gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip
    • Multi DPI Play Store: Dev-Host - Multi DPI Play Store for JB.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
    • Download CWM Recovery

Download all these files and save them on your desktop. Connect the Tablet with MicroSD Card. Move first three files in the root of your SD Card so that can be accessible easily while rooting. Also make sure that your Tablet is charged atleast 70%. If the tablet gets turned off during the process due to battery, it may get bricked. Now install the download CWM Recovery on your tablet. Once ready, start the below provided steps for rooting LightningROM.

• Launch CWM on your Tablet and select ‘Restart in Recovery’. Alternatively you can also boot into recovery by pressing Home + Volume + Power up button.
    • Wipe data/ Factory reset
    • Wipe Cache partition
    • Tap Advance Menu.
    • Wipe dalvik cache
    • Come back to main recovery menu and select ‘Install from SD Card’
    • One by one select and install all three files which you moved to SD Card.
    • Once done, restart the laptop and you are done.

Thank you very much for the help buddy. I will surely give it a try and let you know the results. Hope all goes fine.