Thread: How to root Micromax A25 Gingerbread phone

How to root Micromax A25 Gingerbread phone

I need some help with rooting Micromax A25 Smartphone. It is having Gingerbread here. I want to install ICS on this. I tried to find out some options for the same on web, but not able to get anything. I am sure the process is easy here, but what matters is the custom rom. Does there is any ICS Rom available for the device. The phone has 1Ghz processor so that means it is going to work well with ICS. I had seen my friend recently rooted his device and installed a custom rom of ICS. He is having a more better model than me. I just want to do the same on my device also.

Re: How to root Micromax A25 Gingerbread phone

You cannot root that device. There is no custom rom available for that. I am having Galaxy Y Dous. This is one of the best mobile if we talk about rooting process. I had installed around 4 different rom the same and it works fine. You can try Duos Rom but that can be risky.

There is an application called as UnlockRoot. I had tested this on Micromax A50 and it works well. But I do not think it might really work on A25. There are ample of basic models like this in the market which are not having a proper rooting process. It is necessary that you must try the regular method and then test back. But if the phone is bricked or if there is any serious issue with the device, then you would be the only responsible person. The phone is not having any custom rom on internet also. I think developers are not really interested in rooting this basic devices. Through Unlock root you can access the root permission and get more features. But you have to use it with existing OS. You cannot add something different. The process for rooting mostly goes through ODIN. Which works well for Samsung Devices. But for other devices there is no traditional rooting process available. Try to boot your phone in recovery mode and see what options are you getting on the screen. If you can see run update from sd card, you can try installing CWM in that. CWM just replaces the bootloaders, it does nothing with the OS. You can with that first backup your existing ROM and then go ahead with installing third party rom. So if you face any issue there are chances available by which you can restore your phone by installing the original rom.

I am also looking for the same kind of process here and stuck with it. I had gone through half process and phone is bricked. I am not able to find any proper way to restore the device. I checked with ODIN. It does
    not work with A25. Is there any separate tool available.

Rooting is a risky process. It also kills your phone warranty. I found a solution here too root the device. The process is simple. To root Micromax A25 you will need two things. The first on is Micromax Unlock App and the second one is Micromax A25 Rooting Kit Droidiser. You can find the download on web. This is a complete kit which comes with 4 files. They are A25 USB Vcom drives. Install this first. This are important drivers to connect your mobile with pc and run the flashing process. Other files are modified boot image files, SP Flash Tool and boot image. SP Flash Tool here will be used for the flashing purpose. Download the kit and extract the files on your desktop. And follow the below process :
    • Connect the phone via usb to the pc. Install the usb drivers first.
    • Run SP Flash Tool. Check that you had enabled USB Mode first under Options.
    • In the tool click on scatter loading. Now go the extracted folders and go inside folder Modified Boot and select MT6575 Android Scatter.txt. Tick the boot.img file here.
    • Once you are done with that turn the phone off and remove the battery. Wait for sometime and then insert battery and connect the phone to pc.
    • Click on Options in SP Flash Tool and click on DA Download all. In that select Disable DA Download All and click a 3rd download button. It will give you a usb message on the screen.
    • Once the device is properly detected you will get a mediatek preloader vcom message with progress bar. Once it done will will show you the downloaded and boot.img in green circle. Exist SP Flash after that.
    • Now comes the rooting process. Go your phone settings and click on application. Go to Developers options and click on USB Debugging.
    • Run unlock root tool and then click on root button. It wills show you the connected device.
    • At the end you can see a chmod file. The phone might start a number of time. You have to leave the phone as it is. Do not touch it. You can here also install the power saver application if you want.
    • Once done reboot your device. The phone is rooted.

That is really a long process but looks to be effective. I had gone through this and it works fine. I was able to root the phone. But I am waiting for more custom mode. I will try to install Creed on the same. But before that how to backup the existing OS.

Try using CWM on that. It is already mentioned above. CWM allows you to restore your phones OS when needed. But I am really not sure whether this will work on your device or not. You have to test it out. It is risky because if it does not work then you might loose everything. There is a custom rom available for Micromax A25. You will need to search that properly on Google. Just type CUSTOM ROM MICROMAX A25[Vision V1.0] and you get the download. Install the same in your phone and you would get a new OS. This works really fine and has no issue with the performance. There are different set of rooting process available on the web.