Thread: Between Google Nexus 4 and Samsung Galaxy S4 which is more powerful

Between Google Nexus 4 and Samsung Galaxy S4 which is more powerful

Google just launched its Nexus device. The cost of the same in India market is Rs.25990. And also Galaxy S4 appeared long before at Rs.40,000. I found Nexus 4 really reasonable here. But I just want to know in terms of performance and power which one is greater. Both devices are having great looks, a big screen size, and ample of android features. But in terms of gaming and multimedia which one is greater. I want to buy one good smartphone and I am ready to invest around Rs.30,000. But if I am getting everything under less amount like in Nexus then why to go for S4.

Re: Between Google Nexus 4 and Samsung Galaxy S4 which is more powerful

Galaxy S4 is a great device. It is costly but it has some unique features that you cannot find in any other device. I will advice you here to checkout the hardware config. I think that will help you to understand which device among them is better. I think S4 is a winner here.

Google Nexus 4 has a Snapdragon S4 Pro 1.5 GHz Quad Core Processor and Adreno 320 GPU. While Galaxy S4 has a Octa Core (1.6 GHz Quad + 1.2 GHz Quad) Processor. To be clear if we talk about the processing power then Galaxy S4 is 20% more faster. So that is the only difference I found. Galaxy S4 gives you a Octa Core processor. Which is counted under 8 Core processor. While Nexus 4 offers a 1.5Ghz Quad Core processor that comes under 4 core series. So Galaxy S4 is really a winner in terms of processing power, but you can do all those thing in Nexus, which you can do in Galaxy. That means running HD games and doing a lot more stuff. Both devices are great. If you have lots of money, and you believe in quality then go for S4. This is for crazy tech fans. But if you need a phone that lands in your budget with nice design and good hardware configuration then go for Nexus S4.

There is a big difference between both the devices due to which there is a price difference also. Nexus 4 has a 4.7inch HD IPS Plus screen while S4 has a Super AMOLED display. S4 uses integrated Samsung UI which is fluid and better than any other. While in terms of OS they are the same. In terms of camera Galaxy S4 offers you 13MP and Nexus 4 gives you 8MP only. That also affect the video quality here. You can get a more bigger resolution videos from S4. Due to a higher processor, the device offers you more better output in terms of multimedia, video recording, gaming, etc. There is nothing much to discuss about the storage. Nexus is a reasonable device. It is right that it is loaded with great hardware but still Galaxy S4 is more powerful here. The device durability is yet unknown. Even I agree to one thing that devices by Samsung are very delicate. You will have to carry them with care.

One unique feature that Nexus 4 gives is wireless charging which S4 does not has. The device is just great. I own one and I am really happy with the output. I am able to play all HD games on the same that works really well.

In everything S4 is better than Nexus 4. In terms of battery, camera, screen size, etc. It depends basically on choice what you want to buy. Some wants a great device with rich features. But I had seen that the price of devices by Google, never falls. Even if they fall there are minor changes. While price of devices by Samsung are greatly affected as they release a newer version. You can check the price of S3, Note 2 today and compare then when it was finally release. This is what I don't like. You are buying a costly device first, and after 8 months you came to know that it is sold for 40% cheaper. This affects the resale value of the device to great extent. Samsung must strictly follow some kind of price control. The price of Galaxy Tab is just 50% cheaper now compare to when it was released.