Thread: Samsung Galaxy Y stuck on home screen after root

Samsung Galaxy Y stuck on home screen after root

I stuck into a weird problem here. I was just rooting my Samsung Galaxy Y. I found three roms from the web. The first one is Remix which is the most lightweight rom available for Galaxy Y. The second is Nemesis and third one is Creed. Now there is a weird problem here. First I rooted the device and installed CWM. Upon turning on the phone stuck on the samsung galaxy screen. It is not moving ahead. So using ODIN installed Creed. And it stuck on Creed boot screen. The desktop does not load at all. I need some help here to restore my phone back or some options to fix the issue.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Y stuck on home screen after root

You had bricked the phone. Now I think you will need to carry the phone to the service center for repair. That is only going to help you. And you must also know that after rooting you loose the phone warranty. I will advice you to carry the phone to samsung service center and tell them to flash with original firmware and OS.

There is option available to restore your phone back as it was before. For that the first thing you have to do is download the original stock rom from web. Just download that and keep it on your desktop. Extract the same in a folder. It will be a zip file. Then download and install ODIN in your pc. Turn off your phone. Hold the volume down + power + home key. Wait for sometime. The phone will boot in odin mode. Now connect the phone with pc that has windows. Windows will try to install Samsung usb drivers. If it fails then download and install Samsung Kies on your pc. Once done you can see the Com section of ODIN will turn to yellow or blue. Click on PDA and choose the while that has a pda in file name and then click on csc and choose the relative file from desktop. Check on auto reboot and reset and click on start. Wait back for sometime. This will restore the original Samsung rom back on your mobile phone which will fix the phone. You can use this method whenever you want to fix such problems.

When you hold the volume up key + home key + power key then the phone boots in recovery mode. Where you can see options like install from zip card, etc. But when you hold volume down + home key + power then phone boot in odin mode. Still you can re-instal creed by holding the volume up key + home key + power and check back. If that does not work then try something else.

I had also gone through the same issue. What happen a number of time wrong flashing process cause the issue. It just wipe out damages the phone kernel due to which new rom are not able to load. So the first thing you have to do is flash the kernel back again. There is one very easy way available for that. You said you have Nemesis custom rom for your mobile phone. Just copy that in your memory card. Restart your phone in recovery mode and choose install from sd card. In that select the rom. It is the only GUI based ROM that offers you the most easiest installation procedure. In that click on Next until you reach the rom installation page. In that choose the first option. Which is related to flash kernel. It will install Nemesis kernel on the phone. Then just get out and reboot your phone. Creed will load back again.

Thanks for that reply. It worked. I flashed the kernel back again and Creed was active. I found creed a bit slow on Galaxy Y. Compare to that I think Remix is going to work more properly. I will use Creed for sometime and test back. Thanks for that solution it really worked.

I was also stuck on the process here. I was actually trying to install Nemesis. But something happened due to which the phone just stopped working. I thought the phone is dead completely. But thanks to the above guys. I installed the stock rom back. I tried first installing Creed through ODIN. But it took very long time. The process was just continuous and did not completed at the end. At last I disconnected the phone and followed the manually of installing the same. And it worked. There was no issue. Using CWM I had backup everything here. Now it is more easy to restore my phone in case of problem. Via CWM I can just instantly restore everything back.