Thread: Good wifi portable hard drive for Samsung Galaxy S3

Good wifi portable hard drive for Samsung Galaxy S3

I am having Galaxy S3 smartphone. I am also having a 8GB storage. Now I am having some set of good hd movies. But the problem is that I cannot carry everything in the memory card. So I am looking for a portable solution. My friends recommended me to go for a wifi hard drive. I had seen some on web but simply confused what to go for. I want to buy a nice wifi storage solution that can work really well and also offer a good battery output. Can anyone here guide me for the process.

Re: Good wifi portable hard drive for Samsung Galaxy S3

Checkout Seagate Wireless Plus. It is a nice hard drive with ample of storage options available. You can just copy all the movies inside it and done. You can stream that directly through wifi. It is one of the best storage option available for video streaming application. The price of 1TB hard drive lies around Rs12,700.

Compare to conventional hard drives it is correct that Wi-Fi enabled are more better to broadcast videos on your smartphone instantly. They are simply beneficial and offers multi device streaming at a single time. I will recommend you to find the one which has a usb 3.0 interface. It is very important. Because that will save your time in copying the files on the same. And if there is huge storage space like around 1TB then it is more than enough. I think 500GB is also quiet enough. The best thing to find here is that you must find a drive that can act as portable media storage solution also. I had seen ample of wifi models in the market. But they are really costly compare to the regular drives. If you just want to stream videos at your home them you can try one thing. It is cheaper also. You can simply hook the router on your home and shared the media content. That's all. The streaming goes well. There is no issue at all. While for portable drives there can be limitation with the battery output.

I had found a bit problem with the Satellite GoFlex. The drive just drops connection. I am having the one with me. And it does not looks to be working really well. I tried to use the same on my laptop and while streaming there is a constant drop in the video streaming.

One drive that I knows that really works well is Transcend StoreJet Cloud. The only problem here is that it has a usb 2.0 support. It offers you a realizable Wi-Fi network and battery. One more unique feature of this hard drive is that you can simply recharge it at the time of using it on wifi. It is very simple to use. It supports Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n network with password protection. For security it offers protection like WEP, WPA, WPA2 and WPA2-Mixed. You can use it like a gateway device between different systems. It offers you to connect multiple devices at a single time and great for tablets also. With nice transfer rate the video streaming is simply great. For copying as I said that it lies on old usb 2.0 interface the speed will be limited. While compare to that usb 3.0 offers a more faster transfer speed. And there is no option available that can allow you to upgrade to 3.0 interface.

I am also having Seagate GoFlex Satellite and it works fine with my laptop. You just need to take care that you are simply keeping it near to the laptop. The more you carry far the more problem you will face. This is a common problem with wifi hard drives.

Kingston only offers a SSD solution under wifi series. The drive just last with 128GB. It can be costly compare to others but it is the only one that gives you a nice SSD support which is simply great in terms of data transfer. The integrated wifi offers you 3 device connectivity. The power usage lies maximum around 4 hrs. And you can recharge by connecting to the pc. This the most portable drive I had seen. Very thin and lightweight in usage. It works extremely fine without any much issue. I think if you are willing to buy then simply go for the same. This one of the best in the market. The only limitation lies here is sharing the multimedia content with 3 devices a time. But that can be acceptable. You can just turn it on and people around you can share the content instantly without much configuration issue. Everything is displayed inside a browser.