Thread: How to backup save game files from Android

How to backup save game files from Android

I need some help here. I want to backup the game data from my Android tablet. I am using Micromax Funbook Pro. I am playing a game SuperDynamite Fishing. I had unlocked many levels. Now the tablet is working a bit slower and I want to do factory reset. This will wipe out everything from it. I had did this before also and at that time also everything was lost. I will re-download the game, but what about the unlocked achievement and money that I earned in it. I want some help to backup it and restore all achievement back after factory reset.

Re: How to backup save game files from Android

You are asking about game cache here. You can do that. In Android when you install a game a separate folder created which has all save game files. It is called as game cache. The location is Internal Memory > Android. There are two folders here. One is data and other one is obb. If your game is developed by gameloft then you can find a folder like com.gameloft.android.xxxxx. The name of game lies at the end. You have to copy that entire folder and keep it somewhere else. Later on once you reset your tablet, re-install the game. Launch the game and play it for sometime. After that go back in the same location and overwrite the folder.

Thanks for the solution. But I am not able to find the game cache location. I went inside Android folder. There were separate folders in my Memory Card and in the internal memory of Funbook Pro. I even searched for the game. The game is developed by HandyGames. So there must be some folder with this name. Even after searching the name nothing was found. It looks the game cache is saved in some other way. Is there any application available for this.

You can try Carbon - App Sync and Backup. The application is available for free. You can use this app to copy the files of your application and games inside your pc. It works quiet easily. The application is developed by Clockworkmod. Once you install the application in your tablet you have to go in clockworkmod.com/carbon. On this you will find a msi file for Windows. You will have to install this on your pc. Go in your tablet Settings > Development > USB Debugging. Enable this. Run Carbon - App Sync and Backup from tablet and copy the application or games you want.

Again thanks for the solution. But this also did not worked. I installed Carbon - App Sync and Backup on my tablet and Carbon.msi application on my PC. Also I connected the tablet by enabling usb debugging. After connecting Windows started installing some drivers.

And there was a problem with Android. I went back on clockworkmod.com/carbon and found that there is no driver available for Funbook Pro. While there was driver provided for Samsung and many other devices.

I will recommend you to use Titanium Backup Pro. This is a great application for backup and restore. And there is no need to install any third party application on your pc. Through this app you can backup everything in your tablet. Later on you can restore apps and games as per your choice. It is not necessary to restore each and everything. Titanium Backup Pro offers you choices to select what to restore and what to know. You can create a complete backup of your ROM also.

Sorry I cannot use that also. After installation when I tried to run it, it gave me error related to permission. I searched on web about the error and found that the issue is due to root permission. Titanium only works if your device is rooted.

Or else it will not work, because the tablet root permission is denied. I do not want to root my tablet. I am still looking for a way to restore the game cache. So copied the entire Android folder and hope that after restoration this might work.

I want windows xp driver Lava Iris 501 mobile. Please give me if any one have.

What driver are you asking for exactly? I mean, when we connect Iris 501 with PC (no matter Xp, or 7) it opens up fine in Windows Explorer with Storage Mode. Is it the problem you facing? Like your Windows Explorer wont open the phone's storage or phone is not getting detected?

If you are looking for using the phone as modem, then you will need a PC suite for the same which can be downloaded from here Lava Iris PC Suite