Thread: How to repair damage screen of HTC 8S

How to repair damage screen of HTC 8S

I need some help to fix the broken screen of HTC 8S. Can anyone help me how to fix. Accidentally it was dropped on floor and the front screen is completely damaged. I went online to find out any support and solution for the same. But there is nothing available. There are ample of website which are selling front screen of older models of HTC, but nothing for HTC 8S. I even dropped a email to other peoples for help. Can anyone help me how can I get this fix at a reasonable rate. Only the top glass is broken the internal screen is working well.

Re: How to repair damage screen of HTC 8S

Carry the phone to HTC service center. They will only give you estimate on the same. The cost of this phone is around Rs.20,000/-. It is a costly device and you should have taken care while using it. The front screen is broken that means you will have to replace the front digitizer and internal screen if damaged is severe. It is a very costly repair. You can count between Rs.8,000 to Rs.10,000 easily. Because this thing is not covered under warranty you have to pay that much amount.

Did you tried to locate the Digitizer for HTC 8S. The screen size is 4.2inch something. There are some mobile parts seller on the web that gives you various parts at very reasonable price. Long before I broke HTC EVO. I ordered the screen from ebay for $10. That was really cheap and I fixed with the help of my friend by watching a video from Youtube. You must also try the same. Go on ebay and try to find the front screen which is called as Digitizer. I hope you can find a some similar model.

HTC 8S is a new mobile and I do not think so instantly or easily you can find the digitizer screen. It is best if you carry the device to your nearest HTC service center. It will be repaired at that place only. The parts that you will find on ebay are not original. They are mostly china parts. There is no guarantee that they might work well for long time or not. To get the right replacement just carry it to the service center. It is correct that the repair cost on the same is quiet high.

There is a seller website called as repair universe. It sells parts of HTC mobile phone. I had seen the digitizer screen of HTC 8X on it for $50. You can order that. But you have to watch a video on web to replace the same. The model is new and due to that you are not able to find the replacement screen for it. It is better if you try the service center first and if that is too much costly you can search on web. If available the cost will be tentative between $50 to $60.