Thread: Nokia Lumia 920 reboots randomly

Nokia Lumia 920 reboots randomly

My newly bought Nokia Lumia 920 keeps on rebooting randomly. It was working fine in start but I don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly. I am not able to make out the cause of this issue. I have come across many other people who have HTC phones running Microsoft Windows Phone 8 and even they have faced this weird rebooting issue. So I want to know if this is a bug in Microsoft Windows Phone 8 or there is something wrong with my Nokia Lumia 920. Any idea?

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 reboots randomly

I think you are talking about HTC 8X, yes there was something wrong with Microsoft Windows Phone 8 operating system in it. However, it has been fixed via an update. Currently some people have faced the same rebooting issue with some of the Samsung phones running Windows Phone 8, but I haven’t come across any complaints regarding Lumia 920. I don’t think this issue might be because of the OS in Lumia 920, instead there might be something wrong with your phone and you will have to get it checked.

If you want then you can try restoring your phone to factory settings.
    Turn off your phone
    Hold down power, volume down and camera button at the same time until your phone vibrates
    Once your phone vibrates, release power button but keep holding the volume down and camera button for more 5 seconds

Your phone should get restored to factory settings after that. Just give it a try and see if that helps. If not, then you will have to get your phone checked from the nearest service center.

Yes there might be something wrong with your phone. Sudden restart has been reported in Samsung and HTC phones only. There was some bug in their Windows Phone 8 operating system. It has been fixed in HTC and Samsung phones recently.
    I also want to add that some Lumia 920 has reported that their phone gets overheated and reboots after that. So if that’s your case, then I will like to inform you that you are probably having a faulty piece or some hardware issue might have taken place. In both cases you will have to get your phone checked, restoring your phone to factory setting won’t be of any help.

Yes my phone gets overheated first and it restarts after that. I have tried restoring it to factory settings. In fact I have restored it thrice but no avail. I’ll get it checked as soon as possible.