Thread: Nokia Lumia 710 keeps on hanging

Nokia Lumia 710 keeps on hanging

My Nokia Lumia 710 has started hanging suddenly. It was working fine by now. I have used it for more and I dint had any issues by now. It seems something went wrong with it in a day or two. It gets hanged frequently and mostly while browsing and playing games. I can carry out other tasks without any issues. I have tried restarting my phone many times but no luck. Is there anything else that I can try out??

Re: Nokia Lumia 710 keeps on hanging

I want to know if you have installed any application in a day or two after which this issue might have occurred?? If you doubt any application then you can try uninstalling it. I think you might have installed some corrupt application which might be running in background and hanging your phone. Just cross check and let me know if that’s the case.
    I have come across many people who have faced such issue in android phone. They had to uninstall recently installed applications one by one and cross check the issue to find the culprit application.

Yes I have installed many applications recently but I have installed them form windows phone marketplace. Can they be corrupt there??? I have tried uninstalling applications that I had installed in this week but I don’t see any improvement. My phone still hangs while browsing and playing games. The freeze is so bad that I have to take out the battery to turn it off. I m not sure but I think there is some kind of hardware fault with the phone, what do you think??

Ill suggest you to restore your phone to factory settings:
    1. Turn off your phone
    2. Press and hold Volume Down, Power and Camera button at once
    3. Once the phone starts vibrating, release Power button and continue to hold the Camera and Volume Down buttons for more 5 seconds.

You might have to try out the 3rd step a couple of times as it is a bit tricky. Other than that just make sure that you are backing up all your personal data in your PC using Zune as all they will get erased after your phone gets restored.

Thanks for that, I tried restoring my Nokia Lumia 710 to factory settings, in fact I tried doing that a couple of times but no luck. My phone still keeps on hanging frequently. Is there anything else that I can try out further before visiting Nokia service center???

Quote Originally Posted by Naila View Post
    Thanks for that, I tried restoring my Nokia Lumia 710 to factory settings, in fact I tried doing that a couple of times but no luck. My phone still keeps on hanging frequently. Is there anything else that I can try out further before visiting Nokia service center???

Before visiting the Nokia service center you can try out updating your phone software. First you will have to check if it is the latest or not. The Latest software for Nokia Lumia 710 is SW 1600.3031.8773.12121.
    • Just go in to settings > update and see if you have the same. If not then you can follow below instructions for updating your phone software.
    • Download and install Zune software on your PC
    • Connect your phone to your PC via compatible USB cable
    • Launch Zune software. Once you get a notification for update you can follow simple instruction for updating your phones software.