Thread: Laptop running windows 8 won’t connect to my home network

Laptop running windows 8 won’t connect to my home network

My laptop is having built in wifi card and suddenly it has stopped connecting to my home network suddenly. It used to connect to my home network without any issue. As far as I remember, I had taken it to my friends place and I had connected it to his home network after forgetting my home network. Since then it has stopped connecting to my home network. Is there anything I can do about it???

Re: Laptop running windows 8 won’t connect to my home network

Quote Originally Posted by Gu-Gz View Post
    My laptop is having built in wifi card and suddenly it has stopped connecting to my home network suddenly. It used to connect to my home network without any issue. As far as I remember, I had taken it to my friends place and I had connected it to his home network after forgetting my home network. Since then it has stopped connecting to my home network. Is there anything I can do about it???
    So your Laptop running windows 8 can connect to other network but it won’t connect to your home network?? Correct me if I am wrong?
    If that’s right then there's surely something wrong with your home network. I really can’t think of anything else that might be causing this issue.

Yes you got me right. My laptop is not able to connect to my home network specifically. It can connect to other networks without any issue. I am quite sure that there is nothing wrong with my home network as I have tested it out with other wireless devices. Other wireless devices can detect my home network and they can connect to it without single prob.
    Even my laptop can detect my home network but when I try to connect it, it says "Can’t connect to this network" with a hyperlink saying “Help me solve connection problems”. I have gone through the link but the instructions mentioned there were of no help.

Your situation is quite weird. I am not able to suspect the cause of this issue. So to narrow down the cause of this issue I will suggest you to follow some troubleshooting steps.
    • First try updating your wifi adapter driver
    • If that doesn’t work then try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest wifi adapter driver from manufacturer side
    • If at all you don’t get any help from those, then uninstall your wifi adapter driver and restart your laptop. Upon start, windows will install the missing driver automatically.

Check out these things and post back if you find any of the above troubleshooting steps helping.

I tried all of the above things and none of them have helped. The problem with my laptop is still the same. I think there is something wrong with the wifi adapter. However, I am not that sure about it. Guys let me know if there is anything I can try out further? I need to fix this issue as soon as possible. Further help on this matter will be very grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by Gu-Gz View Post
    I think rather than try out troubleshooting steps on your laptop, ill suggest you to try some on your router. I seriously don’t think there might be anything wrong with your laptop, if it is able to detect and connect to other networks.
    You can try out these things for your router.
    • Restart your router
    • Reset your router
    • Update the firmware of your router and configure it again

I should have done that before Updating the firmware of the router and configuring the settings helped me out.