Thread: Sony Xperia Tipo screen flickering

Sony Xperia Tipo screen flickering

My newly bought Sony Xperia Tipo screen has started flickering all of a sudden, It’s just not the case of flickering, in fact it flickers with some color lines. I was just doing a little bit of research and came across one video that describe my issue. However, I haven’t been able to find out the exact cause of the flickering. It mostly occurs while browsing, to get a better idea of what I am talking about one can Google out “Sony Tipo(Single) flickering!! “ and check out the respected video on YouTube. I want to know if there is anything that I can try to fix this issue before visiting Sony service center.

Re: Sony Xperia Tipo screen flickering

Your issue is really weird. I have gone through that video on YouTube. The pink color lines are filling up the whole screen for some seconds. I want to know if that just appear while browsing or it occurs when you play some video or carry out other task as well.
    If it occurs only while browsing then this might due to software issue. If it occurs while carrying out other tasks as well then there might be some hardware fault, probably with the display and you will have to get your phone checked form the nearest Sony service center.
    xp1800 overclocked to 2.4ghz
    an35n-400u mobo
    256mb of adata ddr500
    maxtor dimondmax8 40gb 7200rpm
    geforce4 ti4400
    52x32x52x16 cd-rw/dvd combo
    Tt 420watt psu

It doesn’t occur when carrying out other task, it just occurs while browsing. I am not sure if this is a software fault or hardware but I want to know all the possibilities of fixing it form my end. I have tried restarting my phone several times but that’s not making any difference and I am not able to get rid of it. I also wanted to add that it occurs randomly, some time it occurs as soon as I start browsing and some time it occurs after half an hour and so. I have tried taking out the battery and all but no avail. I have spent just two weeks with this phone and it was working great. Don’t know what went wrong with it all of a sudden.

You can try restoring your phone to factory settings. I am not sure if that would help but you can surely give it a try.

Go to Applications > Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset > Reset phone > Erase everything

The restoring process might take some time depending upon the data you have in your phone. Also make sure that you are backing all your personal stuffs from your phone as they will get erased after your phone gets restored to its original settings. In case restoring doesn’t help then even I will suggest you to get your phone checked.
    Break it-So we can Fix It

I have tried restoring my phone to its original settings but unfortunately it dint made any difference in my case. The flickering continues to occur. It’s really very irritating to come across that flickering while browsing. I don’t mind getting it checked from Sony service center but it’s far from my place. I am planning to visit it this weekend, so until then if there is any other solution that I can try out from my end then please let me know. Any further help will be grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaural View Post
    I have tried restoring my phone to its original settings but unfortunately it dint made any difference in my case. The flickering continues to occur. It’s really very irritating to come across that flickering while browsing. I don’t mind getting it checked from Sony service center but it’s far from my place. I am planning to visit it this weekend, so until then if there is any other solution that I can try out from my end then please let me know. Any further help will be grateful.
    What is your phones current software version?
    You can check that by going in to Settings > about phone > Build number / version.
    Cross check and see if it is the latest one.
    Latest available software: 11.0.A.0.16
    Release date: 2012-08-07
    If not then you can try updating your phones software. You can get it updated form service center but if you want then you can try it yourself too.

I have checked it just now and its 11.0.A.0.16. I don’t think Sony has come up with any other software update for my phone by now. I have discussed about this to many of my friends and most of them said that this is due to software problem. However, no one knows what I can do to fix it since there is no latest update available yet. Some of my friends have suggested me to reflash the same software version again, I am thinking of giving that a try, what will you all suggest? Should I or should I not?? Frankly speaking I am running out of ideas, I don’t want to run in to some other problem after reflashing the phone with the same software version.

See if you have any hesitation regarding the reflashing trick then you can get it done by Sony service center. Since your phone is new and it might be under warranty they won’t cost you anything. In fact they’ll let you know what’s actually wrong with your phone.