Thread: How to update Nokia Lumia 510 software

How to update Nokia Lumia 510 software

There is some problem with Bing voice search feature of my Nokia Lumia 510. By now I have tried out all possible solution that I could have like restarting the phone, restoring it to factory settings, performing reset and all, but these things are not making any difference in my case. Some colleagues have suggested me to update the phone software but I don’t know how to do that. So is there anyone who can help me out with the required steps??

Re: How to update Nokia Lumia 510 software

You will have to use software called “Zune” for updating your Nokia Lumia 510 software. You will have to first install Zune in your system and connect your phone to your system via usb. Once your phone gets recognized in Zune, you will come to know if any update is available for you phone. In that case you will just have to select the update option and follow some onscreen instruction for updating your phone, hope that helps.

I don’t have Nokia Lumia 510 so I want to know if you have checked whether any latest software update is available for your phone or not? The Update availability depends on phone model, region, and network service provider. In order to cross check Go to Settings > phone update and Switch “Notify me when new updates are found” on. In case you want your phone to check for available update via your mobile data connection then you can switch on “Use my mobile data connection to check for updates” as well. Once you make these changes Zune will notify you about the updates available and you can install it following some simple instructions.

There are some pre – preparation as well and going through it is quite important. So before updating your phones software make sure below conditions are true, else you might run in to some problems.
    1. Cross check and make sure your phone has enough battery power
    2. Make sure your phone is set to the correct date and time
    3. Make sure there is enough space for the update in your phone

Yes pre – preparation should be fulfilled. There are just three simple steps for updating Lumia phones software and they are as followed:
    Install “Zune” software if you are running window and “Windows Phone 7 Connector” if you are using Mac
    Connect your phone to your system via USB
    Launch the zune software, once you get notification for latest updates, click on it and follow further instruction for updating your phone.
    In case you face any issue while updating your phones software then you can refer below article for troubleshooting it.
    Can’t update or install your Windows Phone software
    Installing or updating your Windows Phone 7 software
    If at all you are not able to resolve your issue after going through the troubleshooting process then you can post your query here for further help.

Thanks for sharing all those information guys but unluckily after connecting my phone to my system after launching Zune, I dint got any notification for updates. It seems there is no update available for Nokia Lumia 510 in India.