Thread: Not able to download apps from Micromax A110

Not able to download apps from Micromax A110

My Micromax A110 has stopped downloading apps suddenly. It was working fine until yesterday. I don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly. When I go in to Google play and try to download any free app then it says downloading and gets stuck on the same. I won’t download it no matter if I wait for hours. Has anyone else faced this issue, is there anything I can try out to fix it???

Re: Not able to download apps from Micromax A110

Did you check your internet connection? It seems as if there is something wrong with your connection because of which your phone says downloading gut doesn’t download it. Cross check and make sure your internet is working fine. You can try switching off and on your mobile as well.

No there is nothing wrong with the internet connection, there is something wrong with Google play instead. Internet is working fine, I can download music, videos and other stuffs without any issues. It is just that I am not able to download anything from Google play. If there would have been something wrong with internet connection then it would have displayed “Download failed” but it says “Downloading……..” It seems as if downloading process from Google play is getting hanged for some reason. I have gone through mobile settings but I don’t think there is any setting in my mobile to deal with the downloading process. I have tried restarting my phone many times but that’s not making any difference.

There are possibilities that it might be happening because of cache and junk files. In that case you can try clearing the same. Just go to Settings > Applications > Google Play Store and click on “Clear Cache” and restart your phone once again. Try it out and let me know if that helps, best of luck.

You can try clearing cache but if that doesn’t work then I will suggest you to restore your phone to factory setting:
    Turn off your phone
    Press volume up + volume down + and power on button at the same time
    Press volume up to enter the recovery mode. Your phones touch functionality won’t work and you will have to use volume down and volume up buttons for selecting and Home key for conformation.
    So select wipe/factory reset using volume key and press menu key for confirmation.

Once your phone gets formatted cross check your issue and let us know whether it’s solved or not. I also wanted to add that before restoring your phone to factory settings make sure that you are backing up your personal data from your phone as they will get erased after the process.

I have tried restoring my Micromax A110 to factory setting after trying out the steps mentioned above but no avail. It still won’t download any apps from Google play. One of my cousins is having the same phone and she hasn’t faced any issue as such. She can download apps from Google play without any issues. I want to know if there is anything else that I can try out before heading to Vodafone service center??? I need to fix this as soon as possible. So any further help on this matter will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

I am not sure what exactly might be causing this weird issue but before heading to the service center you can try updating your phones software. Micromax has released V2 ROM for A110, I guess it’s the latest version for A110. In case upgrading your phone software doesn’t make any difference then you can head over to Micromax service center and get your phone checked, best of luck.

I don’t mind upgrading my phone software to latest version but the thing is that I don’t know how to do it? Can you just let me know the steps required for the upgrading process??? I also wanted to know if it will void warranty.

No it won’t void warranty, it’s not a custom rom but it’s just an updated version of your phones software. You should have tried creating a new thread for the upgrading Micromax A110 to V2 ROM. Anyways i have created a tips and tweaks thread for upgrading Micromax A110 to V2 ROM and you can follow the same
    Edit - How to upgrade Micromax A110 to V2 ROM

In case you have any further query, you can post it in the new thread.