Thread: Acer 4736G laptop battery problem

Acer 4736G laptop battery problem

I have Acer 4736G laptop and something is going wrong with its battery. If I use my laptop on battery then it will last for only 30 minutes. It was working fine by now. This issue started after reinstalling windows 7 on it. Currently I am using it on ac adapter, my situation is quite weird. If I use the laptop with battery and ac adapter connected then it says battery critical and enters sleep mode after 5 minutes. I am not able to make out the exact cause of this issue, any idea what might be wrong in my case?

Re: Acer 4736G laptop battery problem

I am not able to understand your issue properly.

I mean if you use your laptop on battery, then its lasts for 30 minutes approximately and as soon as you connect ac adapter to your laptop. Your laptop enters sleep mode after 5 minutes saying battery critical.

Is that you are trying to say???

Yes that’s what I am trying to explain. I am not sure if there is some fault with the battery. If there was something wrong with the battery then my laptop should work until ac adapter is connected right???? But that’s not happening.
    Either I can use the laptop after connecting to AC adapter (Charger) or on battery which won’t last for 5 to 10 minutes. As mentioned my laptop enters sleep mode when on battery + AC adapter within 5 minutes saying critical battery. Hope you got my issue now.

It seems as if there is something wrong with your laptops battery. I can’t think of anything else that might be causing this issue. Reinstallation of windows 7 is really not related to your problem. In case you can arrange your laptop battery then cross check it and let me know if it works with new battery. On the other hand if your laptop is under warranty then I will suggest you to get it checked from the nearest service center.

No my laptop is not under warranty any more. It got expired before a month. I can’t arrange another battery for now, actually I wanted to confirm if there is actually something wrong with battery or not. After having a word with you even I think there is something wrong with the battery. My friend had suggested me to store the battery in cold storage for some hours and use it afterwards. I did the same, I wrapped it in plastic cover and stored it in my fridge for some hours but I dint saw any improvement. Is there anything else that I can try out from my end to get the battery working before getting a new one???

I don’t think so, how long you have been using your laptop?? Laptop batteries have a limited life span and after that time they get degraded. Either your laptops battery life will get worse or it simply won’t work. I think that’s the case your battery is going through. Your laptop battery life has got worse, it might be getting charged within 5 minutes after connecting ac adapter but it refuses to work with ac adapter connected after that. Overall your battery situation is quite complex to come upon any conclusion until you test your laptop with a new battery.