Thread: HP Pavilion G6-2103TU Laptop display not working

HP Pavilion G6-2103TU Laptop display not working

I have HP Pavilion G6-2103TU Laptop and I have been using it from 6 months. Some hours ago when I started it, all I can see was a black screen nothing else. I can hear the windows welcome sound and I can hear clicks when I hit windows key from my keyboard. It seems as if something went wrong with the display but I am not sure about the same because while restarting it a couple of times I was able to see the windows screen once.

Re: HP Pavilion G6-2103TU Laptop display not working

Since you were able to see get the display once. I think there might be something wrong with the cable that passes from the board through the hinge to the display. Probably a loose connection, I want to know if you have tried setting your laptop lid in different angle while starting it??? If you haven’t, then just restart your laptop and move the lid back and forth and see if you get display at any angle. If yes, then you will just have to get the cable fixed. If not then your laptops display might have turned faulty and you will have to get it repaired or replaced. If it is under warranty then no problem, else it will cost you above 5k as per my knowledge.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

I have tried setting the lid at all possible angles by now but I am not able to get anything on display. If there might be something wrong with the cable then can I fix it on my own??? Actually my laptop is running out of warranty. I don’t have much idea about repairing things but I think I can give it a try if it’s just about the cable.

See I am not sure if there might be something wrong with the cable. If you have an external monitor then you can connect your laptop to the same and cross check if you get display there. If your external monitor has HDMI port then you can get HDMI to HDMI cable and test your laptop.

Hey there is nothing wrong with the display. While moving my laptop when I bought it under fine light I was able see the screen and icons. It’s quite dark but when I focus a torch on the display, then I can see everything. I have connected my laptop to my TV via HDMI to HDMI and I can get display there without any issues. It seems as if there is something wrong with the display backlight. Can you just tell me how much will a backlight cost??? Is it too costly?? Is there some guide that I can go through for the repairing task???

Normal laptop’s backlights are cheap and you can get it within $10. However, while checking out for HP Pavilion G6-2103TU Laptop, I came to know it’s backlight is integrated in the display itself. You just can’t replace the backlights. You will have to get the whole LCD panel replaced. I really won’t suggest you to try replacing the display yourself. As I have mentioned above a new HP Pavilion G6-2103TU Laptop display will cost you above 5k. If possible buy it from some online store and get it replaced from your local computer store by paying some charge.