Thread: How to run android apps on Windows Mobile phones

How to run android apps on Windows Mobile phones

I have bought Nokia Lumia 610 a week ago and many of my friends have android phones. They have some Good android applications with them and I want to know if it I can run any android apps on my windows mobile. If yes, than how? Help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: How to run android apps on Windows Mobile phones

I don’t think that would be possible. I haven’t heard of any one running android app’s on a windows phone. Android and Windows Mobile operating system are totally different from each other. So keeping that in mind, neither android apps will run in windows phone nor will windows apps run in android phones.

I don’t know if it is possible to run android app on windows phone or not but as far as I am aware Windows Mobile phones like HTC Vogue has Android ports. One can use that port and replace Windows Mobile operating system with Android operating system. I also wanted to add that you can run android apps on windows pc but I doubt if you can do the same in window’s phone as well. For Pc there is software called “BlueStacks app player”, which is to be installed on windows system for running android applications.
    Wishlist: Nothing.

I don’t want to install the whole android operating system in my phone. I simply want to run some android applications as I am not able to find alternate windows app for them. Anyways I want to know if it is possible run android app on windows os than why not in windows phone.
    I have come across some articles where people have shared steps for dual booting windows phone with windows 8 but like I’ve said I just want to run some android applications and not the android operating system in my phone.
    I’ll carry out my search further and until than if anyone comes across any update on this topic then please share it here.

You won’t be able to run android apps in Windows Mobile phones. Either you will have you dual boot your phone with android or you will have to install android on your windows mobile phone. I also wanted to add Nokia is not in the list of manufacturers who come up with Windows Mobile operating system phones that can run Android.
    HTC
    Sony Ericsson
    Motorola
    Samsung - Some specific models

Yes it’s not possible, as Edha has mentioned windows mobile operating system and android operating system are completely different and they have different hardware requirement accordingly. There are some windows phone from HTC , Sony Ericsson , Motorola and Samsung on which android can be installed via Android ports but not all. Nokia windows phone have different hardware compared to other phones and they don’t have any such port for installing android.

Hey while checking out for the same topic I have come across below article.
    Transforming an Android App into a Windows Phone App
    Windows Phone - Transforming an Android App into a Windows Phone App
    I haven’t gone through the whole article but it seems as if you can convert android app in to windows Phone App and use them on your windows phone. Just check it out and let me know if you find it helping.

I have checked out the article and the process is too complex I really don’t want to try out those things. I was hoping for a simple solution where I can install a specific windows app after which I can install and run android app in my windows phone itself.