Thread: HTC Windows Phone 8X reboots on its own

HTC Windows Phone 8X reboots on its own

I have received my HTC Windows Phone 8X just yesterday and there is something wrong with it. It simply keeps rebooting on its own, it has rebooted 4 times within 18 hours and I am not able to make out why, I haven’t installed anything in it yet. What should I do? Is there anything I can do form my end or I should send the newly bought phone for replacement???

Re: HTC Windows Phone 8X reboots on its own

There might be something wrong with your phone, since it’s very new I won’t suggest you to try much thing from your end. Better visit the nearest service center and get your phone checked.

I don’t have HTC Windows Phone 8X but I want to know if you have tried basic things like restoring the phone to factory setting or doing hard reset and all?? If you haven’t than go through the manual and follow the steps for restoring and resetting the phone.
    If it works out for you than well and good if not than get your phone checked, don’t try anything else from you else’s that might void the warranty of your phone.

I have tried restoring the phone to factory setting but that doesn’t seem to be making any difference as just after restoring and restarting the phone, it rebooted after 10 min even though it was kept still.
    Don’t know but I feel there is some hardware fault in the phone, not sure about it but I really did not expected this with HTC.

Hey this has been a common issue with windows phone 8 devices like HTC Windows Phone 8X reboots and Nokia Lumia 920. There are many people who have started reporting this issue. However there hasn’t been a fix for it yet. HTC officials has not yet replied anything on user complains where as Nokia officials have said that they are aware of the issue and they are working on it. According to Nokia officials some application might be root cause of this issue.

Even I will suggest you to contact HTC, address them the issue you are going through and check out what they have to say about it.

Hello,

A few weeks ago I have read about this issue. Here is the article if you are interested: Techradar - Early Windows Phone 8 adopters reporting 'random reboot' issues

Personally, I own a Nokia Lumia 710 and so far it did not have any issues like the above mentioned, probably it is something with Windows Phone 8 or I do not know. By the way I am developing an onw app for Windows Phone 7 (voip-sip-sdk.com/p_511-windows-phone-platform-voip.html). It will be a VoIP app.

Hope this issue with Windows Phone 8 devices will be solved soon because I would like to upgrade to the HTC 8X or Nokia Lumia 920.

Hey ryanwarner88 this issue seem to have been fixed with production of recent phones. I had sent my phone for replacement and i have received it 3 days ago. This new one is working fine and i haven't faced the same issue by now, Hope it continues to work like that.

Hello T.Y.K,

This is excellent news, I am glad that this issue is now solved. Hope you will not experience it again on your "new" phone.