Thread: Iphone running ios6 automatic wifi sync not working

Iphone running ios6 automatic wifi sync not working

I have upgraded my Iphone to ios6 and for some unknown reason automatic wifi sync is not working when I connect it to power. I don’t have any issue in syncing it manually and it works great but I want it to sync automatically as well. I dint had this issue before upgrading to ios6. Is there anything I can do to fix this issue in my case? Help regarding this will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Re: Iphone running ios6 automatic wifi sync not working

I am facing the same issue after upgrading my iphone 4s to ios6. Wifi sync works great when done manually but I am not able to make out what’s stopping the automatic wifi sync when I am hooking my iphone to charging. I am having WiFi sync checked and I have turned off my antivirus and firewall thinking that they might be interfering with automatic wifi sync, but I don’t see any improvement. I have been looking after a solution to fix this issue but I haven’t come across any. I am not sure if it is specific to ios6 as I have come across people facing the same issue with ios5. Currently I am just running out of ideas with a hope to fix it, let me know if you find any workaround.

I guess you both might be having "Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from synching automatically." Option checked in itunes. It’s under preferences menu > Devices tab, just make sure that it is unchecked and automatic wifi sync should start working without any further issues.

So it was an issue with itunes and not my iphone. I don’t know how come I dint came across that option and I don’t know how come it got checked. Anyways I have unchecked it now and automatic wifi sync has started working.

I am feeling unlucky now, I mean the above option was unchecked in my case and I am still not able to get automatic syncing to work.
    This is what I am having
    iPhone is showing up in iTunes sidebar
    "Sync with this iPhone over WiFi" option in iTunes for iPhone setting is checked
    "Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from synching automatically" option is unchecked
    Am I missing out anything???? Is there anything else that I need to check?? My iphone and Mac both are on the same wifi network .

Try this:
    • Connect your iphone to your mac and make sure that it is showing up in iTunes sidebar
    • Turned off WiFi on iPhone, Ctrl-click on the iPhone in iTunes sidebar and selected "Sync "iPhone""
    • Now let iTunes sync the iPhone until it comes up with an exclamation mark
    • Once your iPhone disappears from the sidebar, connect your iPhone via cable and let iTunes re-recognize it
    • Make sure "open iTunes when this iPhone is connected" option is checked in iPhone settings
    • Once it gets recognized, check mark "open iTunes when this iPhone is connected" option in iphone setting and tap on apply
    • Now ejected your iPhone in iTunes, turned iPhone WiFi again and let it connect to the WiFi network
    • When it shows up in iTunes sidebar, connect it to your charger and wireless sync should start automatically.