Thread: iphone 5 error message "yahoo! Server unavailable" while setting up email account

iphone 5 error message "yahoo! Server unavailable" while setting up email account

whenever I am trying to set up my yahoo email account using my iphone 5 I am getting an error message saying “yahoo! Server unavailable." By now I have tried setting it up more than 50 times but no luck, I keep getting same error message again and again. Is there something wrong with yahoo server or my iphone?

Re: iphone 5 error message "yahoo! Server unavailable" while setting up email account

There might be something wrong with the yahoo server and not your phone, I have faced the same error many times but I was able to set it up after an hour and so. Wait for some hour and try setting up your yahoo account later and see if it works.

Re: iphone 5 error message "yahoo! Server unavailable" while setting up email account

It has been 6 hours, I have crossed checked yahoo server. I mean I had asked my friend to set up his yahoo email account and he did not receive any error as such. So that makes me feel that there is something wrong with my phone.
    I have tried rebooting my phone many times thinking that would make difference but it did not. I have gone through other similar threads and have found most of them saying that there might be something wrong with yahoo server currently, and I should not have any issue in setting up the account later.

Make sure that you are entering correct incoming and outgoing host name:
    Incoming server = imap.mail.yahoo.com
    outgoing server = smtp.mail.yahoo.com

I have entered same things but no luck. There is nothing wrong with the setting I guess. I have tried deleting yahoo mail account on my phone and have tied adding it couple of times but that’s not making any difference.
    I have tried two of my accounts and have received the same error. Let me know if there is anything else that I need to check or try out to get rid of this error message. Any further help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Make sure that you are entering correct incoming and outgoing host name:

I have entered same things but no luck. There is nothing wrong with the setting I guess. I have tried deleting yahoo mail account on my phone and have tied adding it couple of times but that’s not making any difference.
    I have tried two of my accounts and have received the same error. Let me know if there is anything else that I need to check or try out to get rid of this error message. Any further help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

This has been a common issue nowadays, if you are getting this error again and again than your iphone might not be able to contact their server within the TTL. In order to fix this issue you will have to create a new mail account with other option rather Yahoo! Mail option.

Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > Add Account. Choose other option, select Add mail account, enter Yahoo! account details
    Enter IMAP and SMTP Server details:

If you get the same error message after above steps than let me know.

It worked !!! However I want to know why Yahoo! Mail option is not working and why we have to use other option??? Is this another bug in iphone 5???

for me

I have tried following what Aalap has mentioned but now i am getting below error message:
    "The username or password or password for imap.mail.yahoo.com is incorrect"
    What are my options for getting rid of this error message???