Thread: How to update Samsung gt s5233s software

How to update Samsung gt s5233s software

I have Samsung gt s5233s and I am using it from 4 months, I did not had any issue until now. From some days it keeps on freezing while carrying normal task, my colleagues have suggested me to update its software but I don’t know how I need to do that. Is there anyone who can help me out???

Re: How to update Samsung gt s5233s software

I don’t have Samsung gt s5233s, anyways I want to know if there is an update option in your phone?? If yes than you will be able to update it from there directly . If not than you will have to use Samsung pc suite for updating its software.

Quote Originally Posted by Stel View Post
    I have Samsung gt s5233s and I am using it from 4 months, I did not had any issue until now. From some days it keeps on freezing while carrying normal task, my colleagues have suggested me to update its software but I don’t know how I need to do that. Is there anyone who can help me out???
    This Samsung mobile is old which was released in 2009, also it's not an Android..it's a propretiary os and it doesn't have any update. As I had this model since 2009 and even I have faced the freezing prob after 18 months and it's the digitizer issue ( touch screen prob ). You have two options
    1. Take the phone to nearest samsung service center and ask them to check if your digitizer is good, they will check and tell you the prob and no charges for checking.

2. Upgrade the Firmware by flashing your phone, you can find the steps here

I have checked out in settings and there is no update option in my phone. I have downloaded Samsung New PC Studio but I cannot connect to the internet using it, how can I update my phone software without internet connection? I think Samsung New PC Studio doesn’t support my phone. Is there any specific version of Samsung PC Studio for my phone??? My phone is under warranty and I don’t mind getting it updated from Samsung service center but their store is quite far from my place.

Use Samsung Kies 2.0, you might not be able to use all functions of Kies for your phone but you should not have any issue in connecting to internet and update firmware of your phone.
    You just have to follow some simple steps. You can refer to below article for the same.
    Software Upgrade thru Kies
    Download kies from the link within the article.
    If you have any queries further than you can feel free to ask. Just make sure that you are backing up all your personal data before updating your phones software as they will get erased after the updating process.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600