Thread: Iphone 3g (ios 5) Wifi network asks for password every time while connecting

Iphone 3g (ios 5) Wifi network asks for password every time while connecting

I have updated my Iphone 3g to IOS6 recently and since then Wi-Fi network asks for password every time while connecting. I don’t know why it is not remembering the password. Is this a bug in IOS6 or there is something wrong in my case??? Is there anything I can do about it???

Re: Iphone 3g (ios 5) Wifi network asks for password every time while connecting

I don’t think it’s a bug, even I have updated my iphone 4 to IOS6 and I am not facing any issue as such. There might be something wrong in your case. For now, try doing a hard reset and see if it makes any difference. I am not sure if that will help but it would be worth trying.

Re: Iphone 3g (ios 5) Wifi network asks for password every time while connecting

I have tried doing hard reset quite a few times but that’s not making any difference in my case. I have tried resetting network settings after your suggestion but I don’t see any improvement. It’s really annoying to enter the password again and again while connecting to the Wi-Fi network. My cousin sister has bought iphone 5 and she is not having any issue as such. I have used her phone for testing and there’s no need for entering password every time. Should I try restoring my iphone completely?? Will that help?? I am just running out of ideas by now and I don’t know what to do. I just want to fix this somehow; any further help regarding this further will be highly appreciated, thanks in advance.

You seem to have a weird issue, I have seen many people reporting issues with wifi after upgrading their iphone’s to ios6 but none of them have a case like you. I will suggest you to downgrade to ios 5 first and upgrade to ios6 again. I can’t think of anything else that might help. In case you don’t get any help from that as well, than you can visit nearest apple service center and get your phone checked.

Hey Sulolab, I have come across one who was under similar situation after upgrading to ios 5.1 earlier and below is what he had tried to fix it.

Go in to settings > wifi > disable wifi > re-enable wifi
    After that tap on "other”, enter your router name and password and you are done
    Your password should not get saved and you won’t have to enter it every time while connecting to network.
    Give it a try and see if it helps best of luck.