Thread: Need Dell Inspiron 1501 Graphics Driver - Windows 8 Release Preview

Need Dell Inspiron 1501 Graphics Driver - Windows 8 Release Preview

I have installed Windows 8 Release Preview today and I did not had any issue in installing it but since my laptop rebooted after installation display settings is missing. I need to connect an external monitor to my laptop but I am getting an error message saying "Your PC can't project to another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or using a different video card." I have tried reinstalling AMD ATI Catalyst Legacy Display Driver couple of times but no luck, it gets installed well but I still don’t get display setting. Is there anything I can try out get display setting and get external monitor working with my Dell Inspiron 1501???? I have talked about this to my friends and they said that I will have to install some other windows 8 compatible graphic card driver, I don’t mind trying that but I am just not able to find it anywhere

Re: Need Dell Inspiron 1501 Graphics Driver - Windows 8 Release Preview

You won’t be able to get Graphics Driver supporting Windows 8 Release Preview as its original version is not yet released. You can try installing windows 7 driver for your laptop, as far as I am aware that should work for you.

I have checked out for Dell Inspiron 1501 Graphics Driver supporting windows 7 but it’s not there. I mean I have gone through dell official site and they just have Drivers for windows vista and xp, it seems as if they haven’t come up with updated drivers for latest operating system after that. Which os were you using previously before installing Windows 8 Release Preview? I think you will have to revert back to the same.

I guess you might be jumping from windows vista or xp to Windows 8 Release Preview directly. Anyways I just wanted to add that your Dell Inspiron 1501 is not in compatibility list of windows 7 and windows 8. You might be able to install them both but you will surely run in to issue like this. I don’t see any compatible driver for your laptop that might support Windows 8, so I will suggest you to revert back to your old operating system, there is no point in upgrading if there is no compatible drivers for your laptop.

I was running windows vista 32 bit previously, I haven’t tried windows 7 on this laptop. Actually windows 8 will be releasing soon and I just wanted to check it out it features, that’s the reason I had installed Windows 8 Release Preview. However I will revert back to windows vista 32 bit.