Thread: Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5330 built in webcam is not working

Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5330 built in webcam is not working

I have bought Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5330 a week ago and today while checking out its webcam I got an error message saying “"no webcam found check to see if your web cam is connected". Does that mean it’s built in webcam is faulty or I will have to do something to get it working.

Re: Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5330 built in webcam is not working

I think there might be something wrong with your webcam software. If possible try uninstalling and reinstalling Toshiba Web Camera Application and see if you are able to get it working after that. If that doesn’t help than there might be something wrong with you’re built in webcam and you will have to get it checked. I am surprised that you did not check out the webcam they day you bought it?? I mean a week a too long to realize that your webcam is not working. Anyways try out what I’ve suggested and post back the response you get.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Actually I was out for 5 days after getting this laptop and that’s why I did not had much time to check it out thoroughly. I haven’t made many changes to it, I will try out what you have suggested later and will let you know if it works out for me.

I am facing exactly the same issue with my Satellite C655D-S5330. I have been using this laptop since three months and I never had any such issue. It started all of a sudden and I am not able to make out why. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling its driver a couple of times but that’s not helping me out. I have tried using skype but all I get a black screen saying "no webcam found check to see if your web cam is connected". I can see webcam blue light coming up which makes me feel that there is not hardware issue with the laptop, correct me if I am wrong.

Do you remember the recent changes you might have made in your laptop?? I mean you have mentioned that it was working fine before. If it is so than I guess some recent changes might have messed up your webcam. If you are quite sure that there is no issue at driver end than I will suggest you to do a system restore. You can restore your system to a point when you were not having any issue with webcam. I won’t assure you that system restore will help but you can definitely give it a try in such condition.

The Greatest Sig Ever

Which version of Toshiba Web Camera Application you are using? Is it the latest one? If not, than you can uninstall it reinstall below one.
    Toshiba Web Camera Application (v2.0.3.3)
    Best of luck.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

So now I have tried restoring my system to a point when my webcam was working just fine but no luck. It’s still not working and I am getting same error message every time when I am trying to use it . I have tried uninstalling my current Toshiba Web Camera Application and have installed (v2.0.3.3) from above link still no good. I am just running out of ideas now, just let me know if there is anything that I can try out further or else I’ll directly take it to the service center.

It’s hard to make out if there is a hardware fault with built in camera as you don’t have physical access to it. If uninstalling and reinstalling latest application/ driver are not working out for you, I don’t think there might be any workaround that you will be able to try out further rather than getting it checked from service center. It’s weird that your webcam light is coming up but it’s still not working.

The Greatest Sig Ever