Thread: Samsung 7 series notebook won't charge above 80%

Samsung 7 series notebook won't charge above 80%

I have bought Samsung 7 series notebook a week ago and I had not noticed that it was not getting charged above 80%. I came to know about it today and was quite surprised, I have tried keeping my laptop in charging for more than 3 hours but I don’t see charging bar going above 80%. There’s surely something wrong going on with my laptop, has anyone else faced anything like this before or has any idea about this issue????

Re: Samsung 7 series notebook won't charge above 80%

I am not sure but I think there might be some issue with your notebook battery because of which it is not getting charged above 80%. Since you have mentioned that you have bought it a week ago, without wasting time I will suggest you to get it checked as soon as possible. If there might be some kind of hardware issue with your laptop or battery than you will surely get a replacement.

Same here, God knows what’s wrong with my Samsung 7 series notebook. Just like your case it won’t get charge above 80%, I am not able to make out if this is due to some kind of setting issue or battery issue. I have gone through some other forums and have checked similar issue threads but most of the people there have suggested to get it checked from the nearest service center. They just said that there might be some kind of hardware issue, I just hope it’s not as I have just spent few week with this laptop. From my side I have tried taking out the battery and putting it back quite a few times with no luck.

That’s normal if you might have not changed any default power setting. I will like to share that Samsung has a default setting where battery is not allowed to get charge above 80%. It is a standard setting and it is set to default by Samsung for expanding the overall battery life. I don’t have a Samsung notebook currently but there should be an option for turning off battery life extender somewhere in general settings. Just go through all possible power options and settings and see if you come across it anywhere, once you get hold off it just disable it and let me know the response you get after that.

Thanks for sharing that but I don’t see any battery life extender option anywhere. I have tried my best to find it and have gone through all possible settings but I don’t think it’s there. Can you just cross check it with someone using Samsung 7 series notebook?? Your help will be very grateful if just changing some settings will charge my notebook up to 100%.

I've just uninstalled Samsung Battery Life Extender software, I have crossed checked about it with some of my friends who own Samsung series notebook. They said Battery Life Extender is of no use, it doesn’t actually increase the battery life rather it just limit it to 80 percent. I my case I travel a lot and it is not possible for me to find a charging point everywhere. That’s the only reason I need to charge it completely, so Battery Life Extender was of no use to me as well.