Thread: Switch from Samsung Galaxy S3 to Note II

Switch from Samsung Galaxy S3 to Note II

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 with me and I like this smartphone very much. Recently I saw that Samsung are launching another smartphone, which is Galaxy Note II. I liked this new smartphone more than Samsung Galaxy S3 and I planning to give away my S3 to my younger sister. I will buy a new Galaxy Note II for myself in place of it. Can someone tell me how different it will be using Galaxy Note II after using Samsung Galaxy S3, will there be any difference?

Re: Switch from Samsung Galaxy S3 to Note II

Both the smartphones that you have mentioned are almost similar to each other except for few details. The first difference that you will notice in Galaxy Note II when compared with Samsung Galaxy S3 is the size. Galaxy Note II is much larger than Samsung Galaxy S3 in terms of dimension. So when holding Galaxy Note II in your hand, you will have to stretch your fingers more than that were required for Samsung Galaxy S3. If you have small hands and were having trouble fitting the S3 in it, then you will have trouble fitting Galaxy Note II in your hands. So first see to it that if you can handle the smartphone properly or not.

One major difference among these phones is the size of the screen. Though the resolution of the screens of the both phones is same, the size of the screens is different. Samsung Galaxy S3 has a screen of size 4.8 inches while Galaxy Note II will have screen of size 5.5 inches. But the large screen size of Galaxy Note II is useful for many purposes. You can create own notes by scribbling on it. You can also edit the pictures and images by cropping or making the areas on the images by stylus. I think this is the great feature provided by the Galaxy Note II. This feature was not present in Samsung Galaxy S3 and I think you will benefit by buying Galaxy Note II.

The S Pen stylus that is available with the Galaxy Note II is great and can be utilized for various purposes. You can use it for entertainment as well as for professional purposes. If you are attending any meeting or conferences, then you can use the S Pen stylus to take down notes on Galaxy Note II. Also if you have clicked any images of your friend, then you can use the S Pen stylus to mark various things on the picture, for example, mark the sun glasses with some brand name and so on. You can also crop the pictures or maybe edit some part of it. I think Galaxy Note II is great and you can use it instead of Samsung Galaxy S3.

I don’t think that you should change your smartphone from Samsung Galaxy S3 to Galaxy Note II. Both the smartphones have identical hardware with somewhat difference in its specifications. Both have screen with resolution of 720 X 1280 pixels. Also both the displays are covered in Gorilla Glass 2. Also the cameras of both the smartphones are of same type, 8 megapixels camera on rear side and 1.9 megapixel of camera on the front side. Both the cameras on these phones are capable of capturing high definition images and also good quality videos at framerate of 30 fps.

Both the smartphones have Android 4.0 as their operating system. This will help one to get numerous apps from Google Play which will help in business purpose as well as entertainment purposes. You can download numerous games for your entertainment as well as download various utility tools and apps which will help you use Galaxy Note II much more efficiently. Most of the apps will remain same on both the smartphones. The only difference will occur in the apps that are specifically made for Galaxy Note II by keeping S Pen stylus in mind. But it all depends on your usage how you use these two smartphones.

I think the size of Galaxy Note II will create some problems for you in portability and handling. I mean the large sized smartphone won’t fit in every pocket. I think that it will never fit in the tight fitting jeans pants. Also if it manages to get into the pocket of the pant comfortably, it will show the edges from the side which will completely ruin the dressing in sense of fashion. To avoid this, you will have to either carry it in your hand or have to carry an extra bag or pouch. I think this will keep your hand equipped unnecessarily. As compared to it, Samsung Galaxy S3 is much more comfortable to carry around.

Another thing about Galaxy Note II is that the big size of this smartphone makes it almost useless as a phone. I mean you can use it to call to other people and also to send messages. But just imagine someone holding a large handset over their ears. It looks so weird and ridiculous. You cannot even see the face of the person from side. It is like someone is holding a big tile on his ears. You can obviously connect the Galaxy Note II with a headphone or earphone. But I don’t think that it is a practical method to use it.

I don’t know how much you use your smartphone. But if you need to use Galaxy Note II for business purpose, then it is better than Samsung Galaxy S3. It has a larger screen which will be of great use to you. Also the front camera in so good that if proper internet connection is provided, then it can be used for conference calls as well as to make video calls to some other person. This feature will be really helpful for making business calls. Also with the rear camera, you can directly click the pictures of the documents and send it directly to your colleagues using Gmail or any other similar services.