Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Motorola Photon Q fastboot problem after unlocking bootloader

Portable Devices

Old 29-08-2012

Motorola Photon Q fastboot problem after unlocking bootloader

I have bought Motorola Photon Q a week ago and today I have unlocked its bootloader, I was able to do that successfully but I donít know what went wrong with it. I had rebooted the phone after unlocking bootloader but upon reboot it gave me flash failure message and dragged me into fastboot. I have tried rebooting the phone several times but I am getting flash failure message and I am dragged into fastboot, is there a way to get it boot normally?

Old 29-08-2012

Re: Motorola Photon Q fastboot problem after unlocking bootloader

Try rebooting the phone using power-M and then it should boot normally, after that you can try reflashing any partition using below command:
fastboot flash logo.bin logo.img

If you get an error message saying "Invalid partition name 'logo.bin'" or similar then you can use below code
fastboot flash logo.bin

Just give a try to what ive suggested and let me know once your issue gets solved, best of luck.
Old 30-08-2012

Re: Motorola Photon Q fastboot problem after unlocking bootloader

Yes you will have to reflash any partition after rebooting the phone using power-M, if you donít then you will get same flash failure message on reboot. I have gone through same issue a week ago and was quite frustrated with that but later flashing logo.bin had helped me out.

My phone is working quite well since then and I am not getting any error message as such. If you have any query related to this issue further then feel free to ask.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,