Thread: Cheapest widescreen ultrabook available

Cheapest widescreen ultrabook available

I am looking for some budget widescreen ultrabook. I do not need a laptop. I am planing to buy the same for my sister. I had checked some models byt they has a very small screen which is quiet not good for project studies.

Atleast the size should be some where near to a widescreen pc monitor. It is not at all worth to go for a bigger laptop as it is a bit heavier to carry.

Re: Cheapest widescreen ultrabook available

The only widescreen ultrabook that I had seen recently is Toshiba Satellite U845W. The price lies below $1000. It is quiet a costly model, but it offers you a wide 14.4inch display with 21:9 aspect ration. Good for project and study works.

Yes Toshiba Satellite U845W is a good ultrabook compared to other. It offer you a a good 7.5 hours of battery life. For every ultrabook it is necessary to have a nice battery power. I will not recommend to go for other brand. I had seen they offer you traditionally a 7" or 9" screen maximum with 4 to 6 hrs of battery life. Satellite U845W is a performance tablet that comes with Ivy Bridge cpu support. You can add-up a SSD in the same making it a more comfortable device.

This is a new product and you can hope to find the model in your nearest sale center soon. It offers a high resolution screen with better performance. Now if you are ready to adjust in the size and performance there are chances to get a much cheaper model. Intel also provides a reasonable series of Ultrabooks. It models include Acer Aspire S3, Asus ZenBook, Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook, HP Folio 13, Lenovo IdeaPad U300s, Samsung Series 5 Ultrabook, Sony SVT11113FG/S, Wipro e.go. Aero Ultra, etc.

This all are listed on its official site. Maximum of them supports Intels i series cpu. You can get the choices at the time of purchase. Each of them are lightweight and comes with minimum 13.3" screen. That is not bad at all. I am sure you are going to get a budget model in Intel Ultrabook series.

If we talk about quality then I will go with Asus Zenbook. They all are costly products. There is no space of budget here, but the features offered by them are some of the best. If you are investing money, I will advice you to buy a good product.

It is correct that if you need a good ultrabook you have to pay a much higher amount compared to traditional laptop. This new ultrabooks are loaded with high end cpu, gpu and memory. I collected information on Asus Zenbook series. The models inside this series are Zenbook Prime, Zenbook UX32, Zenbook Rose Gold, Zenbook Hot Pink and Zenbook. Each of them has different specification and design.

Like Prime gives you Intel Core i7-3517U 1.9GHz Turbo boost to 3.0GHz & Intel Core i5-3317U 1.7GHz Turbo boost to 2.6GHz cpu choices. While you can have Intel Core i3 on Rose Gold and lower models. The more it goes down the specs decreases and also the prices. Prime is the highest model among them giving you DDR3 1600MHz 4GB (on board) RAM, 11" screen, SATAIII SSD 128GB/256GB Hard drive, Bluetooth 4.0 and many more features. While if you go with simple Zenbook you will get DDR3 1333MHz 2GB/4GB (on board) RAM, 11"screen, SATAIII SSD (64G/128G/256G), etc. The features are common but somewhere there are difference in cpu choices.

There are low and high end models both available. I am sure you can locate the best one as per your choice. Do not

There are some good models in Samsung I think. There is a 15.4" ultrabook that is quiet cool. Many ultrabook does not comes with cd/dvd drive. This one has a optical drive, so it became a easier to format or create cd/dvd's.

Ultrabook are never cheap. They are much costlier than a laptop. The reason is design. They are mostly loaded with SSD's. This all addup to the cost. I think instead of a ultrabook, you can try to find a small notebook. There are ample of them available. Notebooks are bit more thinner and portable compared to a laptop. There are also small size laptop. I was too looking for the same. I started with HP Folio 13. It is was too costly. Then I saw Sony Vaio T series and Dell XPS ultrabook. They are more costlier than HP. Ultrabook offers you lesser upgrades options compared to a notebook. Once you bought them you have to use it forever. Second thing they lack a good cpu and optical drive support.

If you buy any models with Intel Core i7/i5 you might have to spend a huge amount in which you can purchased two Desktop with dual gpu. I had seen a number of models. There are some cheaper models by acer, eepc. But they are low edge. They work on Intel Atom processor and performance is expected. They do not give you boost performance, but a comfortable computer type work. If you are ready to spend a good amount on buying a ultrabook, it is better you look for a Mac system. They are more thinner, unique and powerful in performance.

That is right, if you are looking for more unique product then going for mac is better. They are quiet powerful in performance and has better options. I will recommend you to check for the same. They might come near to the price of a Core i3 ultrabook.

Try to find something in AMD. I think there you can get a cost reduce to a bit. I had compared a ultrabook with regular laptop. In ultrabook which cost almost touched $800 offers me 128GB SSD storage with 4GB RAM and Core i series cpu. While if I spend that much on a laptop I can easily get a widescreen support with 1GB gpu and additional options. But if I spend that amount of desktop I can add dual gpu's more ram and widescreen hd monitor.

This is how the budgets rotates. There is no cheaper models in ultrabook, but there are notebooks. Ultrabooks are exclusive models to buy. You cannot simply go and purchase any of them. Remember they will give you upgrade issue in future. You cannot raise the internal storage, nor you can simply add more ram or get a gpu on it.

For studying purpose getting a small 7" portable notebook running on Ubuntu is more than enough according to me. You get a good office suite in that and you can run different applications. Such systems doesn't work well with different applications.