Thread: How to use Motorola “Unlock My Device” Bootloader Tool

How to use Motorola “Unlock My Device” Bootloader Tool

I am having a Motorola XOOM WiFi tablet along with new Nexus 7. Suddenly i came to know about a new tool called “Unlock My Device”. It is some kind of Bootloader tool launched by Motorola (i guess you guys are aware of this). Many times i download some applications for this tab from 3rd party sites by i get error while installing them on my Xoom Tab saying it needs to be unlocked.

So i think this tool can help me out somehow. Can you guys please give me some details about this app and also let me know how to use it. thank you.

Re: How to use Motorola “Unlock My Device” Bootloader Tool

Using this Bootloader tool is very simple. As you might be knowing the tool is set up on an online site, you just need to visit their. Click on "Proceed Anyway" button at the bottom. On next page you will need to sign in or sign up for Motorola ID OR you can even login with your Google Account. Here onwards, you just need to follow the on screen instructions. Not so tough process

Quote Originally Posted by Kusumakar View Post
    Using this Bootloader tool is very simple. As you might be knowing the tool is set up on an online site, you just need to visit their. Click on "Proceed Anyway" button at the bottom. On next page you will need to sign in or sign up for Motorola ID OR you can even login with your Google Account. Here onwards, you just need to follow the on screen instructions. Not so tough process
    Tey, thats great buddy. I have seen the official bootloader tool by any manufacturer for the very first time I would have thanks Motorola for the same sincerely but it seems like not working with my Motorola smartphone. Has anyone used it successfully or did it worked for anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by Quintessa View Post
    I would have thanks Motorola for the same sincerely but it seems like not working with my Motorola smartphone.
    Well, if you are not willing to than Motorola, its not their fault. If you had visited that tool page, you should have seen that there are only limited number of devices compatible with this tool. Whats your model ? you dint mentioned above ?

Anyways, if you are having anyone of below listed devices, it will work comfortably:
    • Photon Q
    • RAZR developer edition
    • XOOM – Verizon
    • XOOM WiFi