Thread: Few important apps should be made available in Windows Phone 8

Few important apps should be made available in Windows Phone 8

I have a HTC HD2 smartphone which is kind of old. I had purchased it when the Windows phones were new and they had been status of being a professional. When the phones were new, we had many applications that would come into the use. But now that Android based devices have captured the market, I think that developers of Windows Phone apps have completely left bringing out new apps. I think someone should start making apps for Windows based phones to help the users get the basic abilities according to current time in their phones. Do other people too think the same way as I am?

Re: Few important apps should be made available in Windows Phone 8

I too think that apps for Windows phone have been not developed as they have to be. It seems like some period ago none of the developers have released any new app for windows phone. But as the time proceeded, many new services like PayPal have become necessary. I think apps for such services should be brought out so that people using Windows based phones can transfer their money to online services comfortably from their smartphones. Also other services like Debenhams, House of Fraser and Marks & Spencer also needs apps on Windows based phones. As compared to the market of Android apps and iOS apps, the market of Windows apps is very small and restricted.

Windows based phones have only restricted number of users and that too are very less. One reason can be that these phones used to e expensive when they were newly released. Many of the users who had Windows based phone have switched over to Android phones. I don’t think that any developer would invest time and money to make apps for Windows phones. Also the Windows operating system for phones is not open source like Android. This restricts the developers in many ways. I think this is why developers have stopped making apps for Windows based phones.

The Windows based phones were developed by keeping the purpose of business in mind. There was less scope for the entertainment features and other fancy features to be implemented in them. I think this is why people lost interest in the Windows phone and Android easily replaced them. The Android has features good for entertainment, business, social use and many other uses. So I think that people found it much useful than Windows phones. Also there are apps available for every of this purposes. As compared to this the developers didn’t make enough apps for purpose of entertainment. We can say that the Windows phones were type casted for being business class only.

The Windows 8 is now being released for smartphones and other portable devices like tablets and so on. I think if this succeeds than we would be able to see the Windows based portable devices again rising. But the problem is that the hardware requirement of Windows 8 is very high. So even if the developers bring it out for tablets or smartphones, they will need to have good hardware to support it. I hope this high end hardware required to support the Windows 8 on portable devices doesn’t increase price of these upcoming Windows phones. Maybe this will help the people who have Windows based phones.

Windows phones are more stable and better to use as compared to the Android based phones. I think this was the plus point of the Windows phone. In rare conditions will the Windows phone crashed. Also the security provided in the Windows phone is higher than Android phones.

Using the online wallets and the money transfer apps was never more secure than that in Windows phone. You could trust the applications on Windows phone not to leak the data and keep it safe within itself.